Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Trek

I dropped Jorja off at the stake center this morning. The kids all met there and had breakfast before they loaded on the buses to drive to Wyoming. We tried to find pioneer clothes for Jorja, but they were ridiculously expensive. We found some shirts and a skirt that kind of worked at Savers and I sent her with some random skirts of mine. Mike mentioned that Jorja's Savers skirt looked way too nice for pioneers. I said, "Well, this skirt was three bucks, the pioneer ones are forty." We also ordered Jorja a bonnet on Amazon that never came. I tried to find her a different hat. This was the best I could come up with.
Jorja
 I should have taken a picture from the other direction so the girls could actually open their eyes.
Grace, Ebony, Eliza, Jorja
I saw the mom of the boy that had the text messages sent to Jorja from his phone. We ended up talking for a long time. She again apologized over and over and told me how mortified she was. I also saw her brother there. I knew him in high school. He came up to me and apologized as well. I'm glad I saw the messages before Jorja did. Mike and I were able to half way control this situation. Still, looking back I probably should have deleted the messages and just told her some x-rated messages were sent. Although, I have no idea if kids talk like this at school. Does she hear things like this all the time? I don't know. Anyway, things are good between me and the other parent. She asked that I send the messages to her husband because the screenshots didn't come through on her phone. I thought that might be awkward, but her husband was nice and apologized for the whole situation. Even though their boy didn't send the messages he is still in major trouble with his parents. He should have given his phone to his aunt and uncle, he should have never let his phone be used by his friend and he should have shut his friend down and made sure he didn't get out of control; even though he wasn't aware of the extent of the messages. Man, being a parent is hard.

Stockton had some diving friends come over to swim with ducks. They played with them until it was time to go to actual diving. Stockton is so happy that he convinced Gage to come back to diving. He has been having a lot of fun with him this summer.
Stockton, Preston, Gage, Noelle, Dani
 Preston, Dani, Noelle
 Stockton, Gage, Noelle, Dani
Diving ducks
Mike and Preston had the ducks test out their duck house.
Stockton's friends came over and played the WiiU after diving. I had to laugh when I saw this pile of shoes by the door. I sent the picture to Stockton. He didn't think it was funny. Come on! They all have the very same shoes!

No comments: