Monday, June 4, 2018

Yearbook Day

Stockton actually had to get to school on time today. The last month he has been able to sleep in super late because he doesn't have a first period class, now that his ENGL 2010 at Salt Lake Community College is over. Stockton had to be there for graduation rehearsal, which he said was utterly pointless. Next the slideshow, then yearbooks. Jorja had to go to each class for thirty minutes, then they got their yearbooks around lunchtime. They both had a great day today. I got a lot of pictures off of Jorja's phone, none off of Stockton's.
Jorja & Travin
 Travin does ballroom. Jorja does not.
 These two were both public relations this year. Next year they will both be presidents.
 Bode & Jorja
 These two pictures make me laugh.
 Jorja and Bode have known each other since 2nd grade.
 They are both in the Chinese program. Bode isn't doing Chinese next year though.
 They are also in student government together.
 Carter & Jorja, another student government friend.
 Jaren & Jorja ~ Jaren is moving into our neighborhood soon!
 Mackie ~ SO MANY pictures on Jorja's phone like this. Haha!
 Jorja & Kenzie
 Kenzie has been such a good friend to Jorja this year.
It is obvious why she was elected SBO President. Jorja is sure going to miss her!
 Carter & Mackie ~ Hahahaha!
Stockton and Jorja were both in the yearbook a bunch this year. I don't think I got all the pictures/quotes, but I got a lot! It is super hard to take pictures of the book without getting obnoxious glares. I did my best though.
Jorja on the 'fashionista' page. She's kind of embarrassed about that.
 Best pickup line. Dessa used one Jorja told her. Jorja thought that was funny.
 Stockton giving advice to freshman
 This picture is self-explanatory.
 Freshmen officers. Carson ~ VP, Eliza ~ secretary, Marshall ~ historian, Jorja ~ public relations, Brenton ~ president
 Stockton & Gavin
 Macbeth cast
 Academic Decathlon, not the final team. Some dropped and some were added.
 Sterling Scholar picture ~ I love this one!
Stockton was photoshopped into this picture. They took it while Stockton was at an Academic Decathlon competition. Stockton did not like bowling club. He said it was just a bunch of jocks bowling with their friends. He did not feel accepted at all. It is too bad, because this had so much promise!
Stockton was pretty annoyed when he saw that they replaced his senior quote! His original quote was  "Burgers never die." I have no idea what that means. Stockton said it was an inside joke. This is the quote that is attributed to Stockton. He never said this and thinks that this quote is so bad.
I sent in this picture for Stockton's senior ad. I immediately realized I sent in the wrong picture. I sent the other one right away with an explanation. I said they could use both if they wanted to. (Stockton's size was able to have two pictures.) Instead, they put the one that I messed up on. Oh well.
I took the kids to Bahama Bucks for the last day of school. Hailey came too. Stockton forgot his speedo for diving, so he was home when we went. Preston stayed home and made his egg drop contraption with Mike. We brought him a Pina colada home. He likes ordering that because I hate it, so I don't snitch. Preston and Mike filled a box with popcorn and put Preston's egg inside. Preston also had field day today. The last field day for anyone in our family. This is getting weird.
Preston
 My mischievous Preston.
We started reading How to Win Friends and Influence People together as a family. We only read a few pages today. Hopefully we can finish the book before summer ends. The hardest part will be getting all the kids together at the same time.

No comments: