Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Stockton's High School Graduation

Stockton has officially graduated from high school! I'm happy and sad. Why does this time of my life have to end? I have loved having all of my kids home with me. Anyway, this back to today . . .

Stockton picked up Gavin and brought him here. We left with what we thought was plenty of time. Traffic was absolutely awful! Construction and graduation traffic. We were shooting for over an hour early, so we still got there in plenty of time. Once we arrived we realized we left Stockton's 'Hawk Medallion' home. Whoops! I'm still annoyed about that! We had all his ropes hanging together for a few weeks. Why didn't I think to add his medallion?
Mike, Stockton, Stephanie
 Stephanie, Stockton, Mike
 Stockton
 Jorja, Maysen, Stockton, Gavin
 Maysen, Stockton, Jorja
 Mike, Jorja, Stockton, Maysen, Gavin
 Stephanie & Stockton
 Johnny & Stockton
 Jorja found friends there ~ Jorja & Jonas (Hailey's brother)
 Kenzie & Jorja
 Kenzie, Jorja & Stephanie
 Gavin, Jorja, Maysen, Mike
 Gavin, Jorja, Maysen
 Stockton's advisory class on the big screen ~ 4 years with these guys.
 Ghost class. Stockton survived! Some poor kid on the left is being choked.
 Cori, Scoop, Mike, Gavin, Jorja, Masyen, Dad
 Ebony!
 Stockton walking in
 He's easy to spot with his colorful ropes.
 Graduation program. Look at all those cool marks next to Stockton's name.
 Stockton had yellow & silver, purple, silver & black, dark green, light purple, light green, red & black & silver
He also wore a gold one from SLCC for earning his associates. The sterling scholar one was the coolest. If we had known about the ropes when Maysen graduated, she would have had yellow & silver (that is the only one she wore), orange, purple, and light purple.
 I think the 4.0 students are standing. There was only nine of them.
 Sterling scholars are being recognized.
Stockton on his way to the stage.
Stockton Michael Smith
Moving the tassels
Stockton waiting for his name to be announced.
 Hand shaking
Stockton had to turn in his gown in order to get his diploma. Clever. We waited for awhile for all of that to get finished. Then Scoop and Cori took everyone to a restaurant of Stockton's choice. Leatherby's.
Scoop & Stockton
 Mike & Scoop
 Jorja & Scoop
 Jorja and my dad
 Jorja, Dad, Maysen
 Dad & Maysen
 Hailey & Jorja
 Dad, Jorja, Stockton, Stephanie, Mike, Maysen, Scoop
 Big hug!!!
Leatherby's was delicious. Most of us asked for our dessert with no cherries. My dad asked for his with all the cherries. They brought him this little dish. Stockton's order got messed up, but he didn't want to make a fuss. He didn't like it much though. Too bad. Guest of honor. He does have bad luck. Every time he has switched out an ice-cream, his order has been wrong. We had a great time though, and it was super nice of Scoop and Cori to take all of us.
 My dad's head, Cori's hand, 1/2 of Scoop's face, Maysen, Stockton, Jorja, Gavin, Mike
 These are the pictures I put on Instagram. I love this one of Stockton.
 Maysen, Stockton, Jorja
 Stockton & Gavin ~ I think Gavin's shirt is perfect for today
 Stephanie & Stockton
 Dad, Jorja, Stockton, Stephanie, Maysen, Mike, Scoop
Poor Preston missed all of the celebration because he was still at school. Poor guy. As soon as we got home, Jorja asked if we could take the cards and candy she made for the new sophomore class officers. When we dropped off the last card I got a call from Lone Peak. It is usually an automated call, so I almost didn't answer it. I'm glad I did. It was Preston. He brought a different backpack to school, so he didn't have his school money he had earned throughout the year. He wanted to buy a prize. Jorja and I hurried home to bring it to him. Jorja brought it in. She got there right as the bell rang to go home. Preston was able to hurry back to his class and buy something. I'm not sure what he got. Preston came home with us. We stopped by Alta to see if we could pick up Jorja's woodworking project. The door was locked. We'll try again tomorrow. I saw Jorja's picture while we were in school.
She's going to have a lot of fun next year. I'm excited for her! Tonight was the Pepperwood party. Stockton went with Gavin, Weston and someone else. Jorja went with Hailey and Carter. They all had a great time. I didn't take any pictures, but I swiped this one off of Jorja's phone.
Gavin, Jorja, Hailey, Stockton, Carter
Mike and I were chaperones. We had the 12:00 - 3:00 shift. Mike wasn't too excited that I signed up for the late shift. After the party it was obvious that it was the easier of the two. Mike and I had the job of guarding the party. We had to stand at the very end and stop people from sneaking in. It was amazing how many people tried to sneak in. The tickets are expensive. $30 at the door. It was a little cheaper if you bought it earlier, and seniors were $15. So many people didn't want to pay that much. I couldn't believe myself. I chased them down! I chased two people and sent them on their way. I saw their friend snuck in while I was busy with them. I ran after him and asked to see his wristband. He said it fell off in the car. I told him he had to leave or buy a new ticket. He tried to tell me he was a senior and it had just fallen off. I told him I was sorry that happened, but he still had to leave. He left, but I pointed him out to the police officers, just in case. I did not feel bad about kicking people out. This party is so much bigger than when I went to it twenty-five years ago. Not only are they able to use the facilities, swimming etc, but there was a live dj with a dance going until three in the morning. There were bouncy houses, mechanical bull, nonpermanent tattoos, photo booths, ice cream machines, popcorn and food vendors. All the food was free. Breakfast was brought in in the morning. Sausage and egg McMuffins from McDonalds along with chocolate milk, donuts and juice. Anyway, I think $30 was a more than fair price. Plus, we always read in our homeowner newsletter about all the cost of repairing things after this party. I love that they have it though. I love that the kids have a safe place to play after graduation, and I love that it is so close to our house. The weather was perfect tonight too. The reason the late shift was better, is only a few people tried to sneak in. The early shift had to deal with that the entire time. That is what Mike and I did the first hour and a half. The second hour and a half we picked up garbage. I couldn't believe how many water bottles were just left everywhere. Picking up the garbage wasn't so bad. It was a nice change. Mike and I walked home and then I took Hailey home. I got to bed around 4:00 in the morning. At least I don't need to go to work tomorrow like Mike does. I do need to get Preston up and ready for school though.

No comments: