Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Campsites

I have been having troubles finding a campsite at the Grand Canyon. I really want to go there over Spring Break, but things haven't worked out... until today. This morning I saw there was a RV campsite in the Grand Canyon, but the only day was Saturday. That isn't the day I want to be there, but we could do the Grand Canyon the last day of our trip instead of the beginning. I was anxious for Mike to get off his work call so I could book it. There was only one site left. I had to go get Jorja's dress from being altered. As I was walking out the door Mike finished his meeting and had 5 minutes until the other one. I showed Mike the campsites, but the one that was left was too small for our RV. I was so disappointed. I went back to the original page and what do you know? A campsite that was perfect for us opened up on Tuesday, the exact day we were hoping to go! We hurried and snagged it. Mike then booked a campsite on Monday in St. George and we booked a room at the Great Wolf Lodge for Wednesday. Yay! The first few days we are doing this stuff, the next couple we get to visit Stockton's mission and I am so excited! This is going to be a great Spring Break!

In other news, I got a haircut from Kelsee. In scary news, the Jazz team plane ran into birds right after takeoff and they had to make an emergency landing. Everyone was safe, except for the birds. The plane didn't look so great either. I'm so glad they are all okay physically. Donovan Mitchell didn't fly to Memphis when they left again. He has said he is afraid of flying before, so this didn't help anything.

Jorja has been srtuggling with the decision of going on a mission right when she turns 19 or going to a year of college first. With her scholarship, she can't leave after a semester like Stockton did. She doesn't turn 19 until the end of October, so she will have almost six months just waiting. There are pros and cons with both choices, and both are good decisions. I have no idea what is best for her. Jorja worked today and then went and drove to the temple to ponder on the temple grounds before she came home. I love that girl so much. I hope she can come to a decision that brings her peace.

No comments: