Thursday, March 4, 2021

Jorja Saves the Scritters!

I took Stockton to the dermatologist today. I wanted to ask him about accutane for Stockton. Stockton doesn't have bad acne, like at all. He does have an annoying pimple on his chin that keeps coming back. I figured that Stockton is going to be home for six months and I have done it for all the other kids now, so I might as well at least see what the dermatologist has to say. Imagine my surprise when the second he walks in the room he says that Stockton's chin is infected and he needed to be on antibiotics. His pimple was yellowish, but I had no idea. I'm glad we took him in.

Jorja had her first day of work today. She was supposed to start the week she had covid, obviously she couldn't go then. Luckily she found out she was sick before infecting everyone at her new job. The week after the HR people were gone and she had to train with them first, so she had to wait until this week. She thought he was going in on Tuesday, but the HR people were leaving early. Today ended up being her first day. Probably a good thing. On Tuesday one of the cooks ended up having a brain aneurism while he was at work. He died a few days later. So sad. It would be an epic first day of work story, but I'm glad Jorja wasn't there for something so traumatic. I hope everyone in his family will be okay.

Jack came over tonight and as soon as he came Mike and I drove to Idaho. Don't worry, his parents were aware we were leaving. Maysen and Stockton were home though. Mike and I decided to go yesterday. We haven't been up there since Presidents Day and Mike was getting worried about his boat. He wanted to go and shovel the snow off of the boat and the deck. Turns out there was a lot of snow. This is what it looked like when we got there.

Mike for reference
We FaceTimed the kids when we got there. Stockton was excited because Jorja was playing his scritterland game he made for her 14th birthday. He has been after her to play it for years. Every time he would talk to her on the phone on his mission he would ask her if she had played his game yet. (Jorja got scared of the scritters being blown up by a meteorite the first time she played it. She is brave now.) Anyway, Jorja defeated the game and we all got to watch her do it. Quite the accomplishment.
Jorja saved the scritters!
I like the 'choose your response' Makes me laugh

No comments: