Friday, January 30, 2009

Not-A-Party

Stockton had a 'not-a-party' today. We let him invite a few friends over to play the Wii for his birthday. Our kids are allowed to have a party when they turn an even number birthday, or they can choose to get $50. (We would spend more then that on a party anyway.) So far, Stockton and Jorja both went with the $50. On odd birthdays, we just do a simple family celebration. Stockton wanted to invite a few boys in his class - but it was not his year for a party. We decided to have a 'not-a-party'. Mostly to prevent the other kids from rebelling. Stockton had a great time. He was so upset when his friends left. I asked him if he had fun, he said, "No!" When I asked why he informed me that they weren't here long enough. I really should be more social. Better work on that.

Here is Stockton with his friends playing Mario Kart Wii. Stockton received this on his birthday two days ago...he is so good it's ridiculous.
A couple of months ago, Stockton and these boys were paired up to do a dance routine for gym class. They won first place. They recreated their dance for me. I was videoing it and everything, but in the middle, my camera ran out of batteries! It was so disappointed because the routine was hilarious! I asked them to recreate their worm so I could take a picture. I think they were having a worm race, but I'm not sure.
All in all, it was a great day.

No comments: