Friday, January 16, 2009

Stockton's Missing

Stockton's missing tonight. He's at his very first sleep over party. Okay, he is around the corner but I still miss him. Jorja keeps saying that she misses Stockton. I'm trying to think when the last time he spent a night away from us. He spent a night at Janet's house when he was 4. We were with Jorja in the hospital. When Jorja was born, he stayed with Matt & Alisha. When he was 17 months old he spent a couple of nights at Steve & Shannon's and a couple at Matt & Sherry's house. We had to fly down to Georgia from Washington to check out the area before we moved here. I think that's it. I know Ange watched him while I was in the hospital, but Stockton was in his own home for that. I love having my children with me.

Because I miss Stockton so much right now, I thought I would add one of his poems. He wrote this one about a month ago. Hopefully he will always be able to express his feelings. I love him so much.

Life
Life is the pause buttons. Life is the pits.
I'm down in the dumps & my face is on fits.
1st there's the parents that boss you around.
Next there's the dinner that makes my face frown.
There's never desserts or wrappers of flavor,
There's just mashed potatoes, nothing that's savor!
Then there's bedtime 2 hours earlier
When they watch TV & play in the burrier!
THEN the routine goes over & over,
& each day our feelings get lower and lower.
Also, they send us to school,
with SO easy work my mouth starts to drool.
I want to have freedom & have torture-free.
I want to burst out of school A.S.A.P.
But mostly I'm sad about life to a loss. . .
It's temporary, so I'm gonna do what I want.

That's about it from me tonight. I gotta run. I am late to play in the burrier.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whats a burrier?
I'm sad we are not in Georgia tonight. I suppose we would be there by now if we tried. Oh well Marie is very sick and sad and everyone seems tired so it's probably for the best.
Nice poems.

Stephanie said...

We miss you guys too. Although, there is something nice in a quiet weekend at home. (For you guys). Your guess at a burrier is as good as mine. See you next week!