Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Jorja's First Freeway

Today is the start of our trip! Yay! Jorja had drivers ed early this morning. Mike and I spent the day packing. Yes, we did start just today. I was laughing because we were in the middle of packing and Mike was gone for a bit. He was out playing with ducks with Preston. That is one thing that is nice about driving instead of taking a plane. We drove to Boise today and made it about 11:00. We stopped in Ogden for ice-cream. I was able to collect six new helmets for my collection. Mike picked the Pittsburg Pirates, I picked Detroit Tigers, Maysen picked the Atlanta Braves, Stockton picked Toronto Blue Jays, Jorja picked Oakland A's, and Preston picked the Seattle Mariners. Luckily mine was made last and I was able to see how much ice-cream was packed into those helmets. I ordered half the size and it was more than plenty.
Random guy, Maysen, Stockton, Mike, Jorja, Preston
 Maysen, Preston, Jorja, Stockton
 Stephanie
Jorja had her first experience driving on the freeway. She was terrified, but she did great. Mike had her practice merging and changing lanes. It was a bit hard because we have some suitcases blocking the back window, but she managed.

I was happy we made it to Boise tonight. Mike grabbed a hotel on Hotwire about 45 minutes before we arrived. We had to drive about a block and a half past a ton of hotels to find ours. We were a bit worried that it would be gross. It was cheep. We were ale to get two rooms for the price of one. Boy were we wrong! We might have been the first people ever to stay in our rooms. The hotel was brand new. It had a new smell to it. Although Maysen didn't like the water, she said it tasted like new pipes. Ha! The place was so dang clean and our beds were so comfy, it made me wish we had left a bit earlier so we could have enjoyed it more. We were very happy that we chose to stop here. One leg done on our trip. Lots of driving tomorrow, but then I will get to see Cheri again!!!!
Parents room
 Kids room
Mike, Stockton, Preston, Maysen 
I think the kids stayed up late watching a cooking show. Maysen and Stockton slept through that. Jorja also FaceTimed me from her room. I think she is a night owl.

No comments: