Thursday, July 5, 2018

She PASSED!!!

I knew the AP scores were getting released today. The problem is, Utah isn't scheduled to get their scores until Monday. I guess they rotate who gets the scores first. I remember when we were on our trip to Georgia I logged in on Utah's date, only to find out that because we were in Georgia we had to wait until Georgia's date. I had my dad log in for me on that one. Anyway, there is a website called earlyscores.com. You log into that site just as you would the collegeboard site. They have it run through servers based in California. Or something like that. Anyway, it worked like a charm and we were able to get Jorja's score. We were so excited to find out she passed!!!!! She got a three, but she did not think she would get that high. I'm so happy. This changes a lot for her. If she did not pass she would need to take AP Chinese this coming year. Her class this year was officially called Chinese DLI5. Because she passed she will be able to take all three bridge classes. There are three college level classes taught on a rotating basis. Kind of like seminary. The classes don't build on each other. The class Jorja will take next year is titled Chinese Pop Culture. They will study the role that current media and entertainment play in the Chinese speaking world. I hope she likes it, but I'm soooooo glad she passed! We will have to tweak her schedule. They had all the 9th grade Chinese kids sign up for AP Chinese until the scores were released. Right now seminary is scheduled where they thought this class would be. Hopefully it will be easy to switch.
Maysen and Jorja spent the day together. I love that! They went exercising at the gym and then went to the mall. Jorja helped Maysen pick out new makeup and they got Maysen a new red dress. I dropped Jorja off at work and then stopped at Matt and Sam's house to pick up the cabin sheets. Matt was sitting in the trunk of his car when I arrived. He got out too quickly for me.
Matt
Mike took Maysen and Preston to the cabin this weekend. The other kids weren't able to go. I picked Jorja up from work. She came out with a frozen strawberry lemonade. That was delicious! She said it is a secret menu item. Really, Chick-Fil-A had it last year and they will make it for you if you ask. Jorja and Stockton (mostly Jorja) played with ducks until it was time for bed.
Jorja
Stockton & Jorja

No comments: