Monday, July 23, 2018

No Piercings

Today was crazy! Jorja had drivers ed at 6:00 - 9:00 this morning. She had to drive on the range from 9:00 - 11:00. We picked up Hailey on our way home. Stockton and I then hurried down to Gavin's house. We picked up him and his dad. I dropped them all off at the airport. Stockton is going to Texas without me! I'm going to cry! I miss him so much already. Nate (Gavin's dad) sent this picture. Glad they arrived safely in Texas! They had to run to at least one gate I know, but they made it!
Nate, Stockton, Gavin
I took Maysen and Jorja downtown to get their ears pierced. Jorja really wants them pierced and is terrified. I read a lot of reviews and decided on a placed called Koi. They do piercings everywhere! It is in Salt Lake. They don't take appointments and it was so crowded when we got there. The wait was an hour. As I walked up to the receptionist I realized I forgot Jorja's birth certificate. I was kicking myself! Maysen also didn't realize she needed her drivers license. Jorja's eyes filled with tears when we entered. She frantically whispered to me, "I don't want to do it. I don't want to do it." Maysen wasn't nervous at all. Too bad Maysen didn't have her drivers license because I think it would have helped Jorja calm down and not be so scared if she saw Maysen go first. Anyway, we left and found an ice-cream place that Jorja wanted to go to. It was called d-Bar. We shared one. It was really cute, although you can't tell with all the marshmallows on it!
We then went to Red Robin for dinner. It was yummy. We drove home and picked up Shay on the way. It's been a long time since Jorja has hung out with her softball friends! Jorja and Shay swam with ducks and then started watching a movie. They didn't get very far before Raina came over. Yay! More softball friends. Jorja was so happy!
Jorja & Shay
 Shay's head and Jorja
 Jorja
Still in the middle of our backyard tree project, but this is the movie screen set up this way. The nice thing about this way is we can put the stakes into the grass. It is hard to anchor the screen on concrete!
Mike and the movie screen
 Jorja
Not as easy to pick up the ducks as it used to be!
Raina loved the ducks.
Knibble
Jorja & Raina
 Raina
What a fun, fun, busy day! Shay's mom came and got her shortly after Raina arrived. It was fun to talk with her mom for a bit. She is super nice. Raina stayed until close to midnight when I took her home. I love it when Jorja and Raina hang out together. Too bad they didn't have any classes together last year. I don't think they have any together this year either. Hopefully they have lunch or their lockers are semi close to each other.....

No comments: