Saturday, June 5, 2021

Double Decker

Mike took all the kids jet skiing. Maysen even went. Mike said she loved it. Yay! Mike has been anxious to take his boat out on the lake. Usually he tows the boat with the pilot. I needed the pilot this weekend, so he tried towing it with the van. He took the boat on a test run down to the road and back. Test run failed. The van and boat got stuck on the way up the hill. Looks like he will need a 4 wheel drive to tow the boat. Mike called Terry to see if he was around. He was in Kansas City, but Taylor was up at the cabin. Taylor was able to pull the boat up to the top. Yay!

Stuck boat
Taylor to the rescue

Boat is back, safe and sound
Weston ran a marathon today and Shannon ran a half marathon. Weston won his age group while setting a course record. He also qualified for the Boston marathon, although he will be on his mission when that takes place. I don't know much about running, but I'm guessing he did pretty good. I took this screenshot from Jacob's account.
Meanwhile back in Jorja land, she has continued to have fun at Lake Powell. She was so excited that she was able to do a trick with Riley. She climbed on his shoulders while he was wake surfing. Pretty impressive, especially considering she rarely has had practice behind a boat!
Lily, another girl, Jorja
Lily & Jorja
Jorja & Riley double decker surfing
Jorja needs to be at Utah State tomorrow at 6:00. I drove down to Lake Powell tonight. I left around 6:30. I almost made it the entire way down, but I pulled into a motel parking lot. Mike did not want me sleeping in the car. I walked around the motel but I could not figure out where the check in was. I used the bathroom and looked around again. I found a sign that said the check in was in a different building. I did not want to find it. I had brought a blanket and pillow with me and decided to climb in the back and take a little nap. I slept under a street light because I felt the area was a little sketchy and had no desire to be in a dark parking lot behind a cheep motel. I slept a bit and then finished my drive. I got to Antelope Point about three in the morning. The good thing was no one was taking money at the parking spot so I got to ride on through. I found a spot and slept until a loud noise woke me up around 7. I startled awake thinking someone was pounding on my door. It took me awhile to figure it out, but it was a bird pecking at the top of the car. Thanks bird.

No comments: