Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Ethel

Jorja decided to do her family history essay on her great grandma Ethel, Scoop's mom. She asked me to send her some pages from our family history book. Here are a few I sent. Interesting that she went through the Spanish flu epidemic while she was in high school and graduated 100 years and 3 days before Jorja. Kind of cool.
Graduating classes were sure small back then
Jorja had a fantastic time at USULC. She bonded with another rookie ambassador named River. Jorja was in charge of Hillcrest and River had Tooele. Their schools were in the same group so they ended up spending lots of their time together. River leaves for his mission the beginning of July. I think he's going to Guatemala, but I'm not sure.

Jorja & River

Lately I have been watching BYU Sports Nation while I exercise. They mentioned how the evening sessions of conference have been discontinued. I looked it up and it's true. I thought it was funny I found out about that while watching a sports show. Other things that happened today.... Mike and the kids came home from the cabin. I was gone picking up Jorja from Utah State. Jorja bought Maysen and I an alumni hoodie, so that is cool. Everyone his home tonight! Yay. Mike discovered that Cream, one of our ducks, has died. Boo. She was really sick. It looked like she had a tumor in her leg. She could barely walk, so it wasn't a huge surprise. That is about all, except this "green" smoothie picture I took to send to Rachel.

No comments: