Sunday, June 6, 2021

Driving, Driving and More Driving

Jorja and Riley were boated back to the dock. I picked them up there and we started the LONG drive home. Jorja sat up next to me and Riley was behind. Jorja slept most of the way. I was okay with that because I don't want her to be tired at the Utah State leadership camp. I listened to a book on the way down and back. John recommended it. It's called The Woman in White. It was written in 1859. I didn't have high hopes for it, but it is 24 hours long so I thought it would be perfect for a long drive. I have really liked it so far and it has kept me awake. Nice. The trip went relatively smoothly except one annoying part. Jorja woke up for a bit and Riley sat up and scooted over behind Jorja. Jorja looked at me with wide eyes and I could tell she was a bit distracted. I knew she was holding Riley's hand and didn't want me to know. I knew they thought they were so sly. I just rolled my eyes and I'm sure she didn't notice. I thought about calling them out but they weren't doing anything wrong, it just kind of bothered me. Jorja is so easy to read most of the time.
The water is so low at Lake Powell right now
Jorja hurried and took a shower and repacked as soon as we got home. I watched the end of the Clippers/Mavericks game. It was game 7. I was hoping the Mavericks would win, but the Clippers pulled it off. Dang it. Jazz will now play the Clippers in the second round of the playoffs. We were home for less than an hour and I drove Jorja to Utah State. I let Mike know that I was driving there. (Jorja asked me to drive after her shower.) Mike drove down from the cabin so he could trade me cars. The weather was great and I hung out on campus for a bit. Mike and I walked around with Bear and looked at where the kids are scheduled to live right now. Jorja might go on a mission instead and Stockton might live with on of his mission buddies. I hope they end up living here together. I think it would be so fun. We sent pictures of us on campus to the kids. As we were leaving Bear found Jorja and we let him go and give her loves before we dragged him away and back into the car.

Stephanie who has been driving way too long at this point

Mike and Bear
Driving home took a long time. Traffic was horrible. There was an accident on the freeway that I was thankful not to be involved in. Mike said it was dark and a bit scary getting back to the cabin. The roads are really windy that way. (Like twists and turns, not the air blowing) Anyway, I was sooooo glad to be back. I crawled in bed and went to sleep. After I took a picture of Jorja's frog to send to her. Today was a long day.

No comments: