Friday, June 18, 2021

Skid Steer

Mike did a lot of work at the cabin today. He rented a bobcat thing to help him. Mike wanted a better place to park his boat and is hoping to extend the roof so it will be more protected from the snow. He had a successful day. I'm glad he didn't get hurt, especially since he was the only one there.

Before pictures
Guy dropping off the Bobcat/Skid Steer

After
Mike's video tour of his work
Boat's new home
Successful day for Mike
Stockton was asked to teach diving next week. Jonny called him last night and asked if he could also teach today. Stockton was barely able to fit it in. There were 90 kids there. It was a free day, but that just stressed Stockton out. One 9 year old girl ran on the 3 meter and almost fell off. When Stockton told me I thought she almost fell off into the pool. Nope, she almost fell off onto the concrete. Scary!
Stockton came home from diving, packed up super quick and hopped in the car. I drove him to Rasin' Canes. It is in South Jordan by Daybreak. It opened up a few weeks ago. This was a fun plan because he was meeting some mission buddies to go to St. George for another mission buddy's homecoming. Rasin' Canes was a place they would go to all the time in Arizona. Well, this wasn't the best plan. I took Stockton in the jeep. It was HOT. There were so many people trying to go to Canes that police were directing traffic. It took us 30 minutes to get into the parking lot. We were dripping sweat. I let Stockton out so he could find his friends. One of them had already gotten food. They were waiting for the other one. The one who wasn't here was the driver. I parked in Warren's parking lot, but I had Stockton's suitcase. It was so hot I went inside and sat down. I was hoping they had Apple Pay. They did not. I had a check book, they didn't take checks. I left my debit card in the pilot. Mike had that up in Idaho. I lost my credit card a bit ago. I sat inside for about 20 minutes when a worker came and asked if I was going to order anything. I told him I didn't have any money but I had to wait for my boy and it was so hot outside. I was worried he was going to ask me to leave, instead he asked if I would like a water cup. I was so happy! Stockton came a few minutes later. He picked up his suitcases, said goodbye and I headed home.

Stockton made it to St. George around 7:00. He is staying at Scoop and Cori's place. Cori drove down to get things set up for him. Super nice. She bought them tons of food and took them out to dinner at a Mexican place. She left at 11:45 and drove back to South Jordan. She got to their house there at 3:00 in the morning. Yikes!

I was so disappointed to watch the Jazz lose Game 6 and get kicked out of the playoffs. Especially since they were up by 22 at halftime. Conley played, but it was obvious he was still pretty injured. Mitchell didn't look the same. He was great, but definitely hobbled. The Jazz had such a magical year, too bad those injuries at the end of the season had to happen. It's so sad because it really felt like this was the year the Jazz could finally win a championship. I hope Conley comes back. I hope Mitchell stays. Mitchell will stay this year, but I hope he always stays with the Jazz. That's a lot to hope for nowadays. I hope next year will be another magical season with a better ending.

No comments: