Thursday, December 27, 2018

45 Years Old

Wow. I'm getting old. Jorja posted this about me today. Look how cute. Down by the number 45 she has an 'L' for love. Isn't she sweet?
This picture was listed in my camera roll as December 27th. I know it was taken earlier, so not sure why it is there. Anyway, Jorja was taking a video on my phone as she drove up the hill on the 4-wheeler. At the end she smiled really pretty and said, "Mom, you can take a screen shot of this." She looked beautiful. I'm sure she was expecting her picture to turn out like this.
Jorja
 Instead it turned out like this. Hahahahaha!
A lovely video posted by Jorja. She was SO SICK a few weeks ago!
Today was a great day. Birthdays at the cabin are the best. That is the one thing that makes up for me having my birthday so close to Christmas. I'm almost always at the cabin with all of my family. Next year Stockton won't be here though. We played in the snow, played games, ate cake, watched a movie, and went night sledding. It was perfect.
Mike got me a birthday pie. I love pie so much more than cake.
 He picked up a cake too, but we only had candles from last year. I guess I'm turning 44 again!
 Mike is very safe.
 Jorja & Anne
 Mono Jorja. It's crazy how tired she gets.
We played another escape room game and it was sooooo much fun! We watched Ferdinand downstairs with the projector. That movie was weird! My absolute favorite was going night sledding. My entire family came. We went to the Springs. Matt came with us too, so my family was able to go down all together. It was DARK! We were flying down the mountain. It is lucky we have done that hill so many times because we were flying blind. The last time down the mountain was the best. I have never gone down that hill so fast! And I couldn't see a thing. It was THE BEST! Because it was our last time, I kept going to see how far I could get. I made the first turn easily and was still going fast when I came to the sharp right turn. I hit it perfectly. I helped myself by pushing with my arms while I was still moving along pretty well. I got past the new house by our cabin before I stopped. I have never made it that far. Too bad it was so cold up there or we could have kept sledding longer. I traded Stockton my mittens for his gloves. His fingers were freezing! I have come to love mittens for sledding. They are so much warmer than gloves. Jorja keeps asking me if she can have new ones for next year. She used to have cute white mittens, but she wore them out last year. Anyway, today was such a fun day. I love my family. I love how funny each of them are. I love how they make me so happy. I love how they make me laugh. I love how they get along. I love their good hearts. I love being with them. It sure is going to be weird when Stockton leaves. I'm not looking forward to the hole that will be there. It was a good thing we got a little practice with it while he was up at Utah State. I can't imagine not talking to him and reading his blog first thing every morning. I'm going to miss that so much!
Mike & Stockton
Maysen, Stephanie, Preston
Jorja
 Stockton
Maysen, Stephanie, Jorja
Preston
 Maysen, Preston, Stephanie, Jorja, Stockton
 (Preston) Stephanie & Stockton
 Maysen & Stephanie
 Jorja made me this card for the family to sign
I ended today with my favorite view. My children loving each other.
 Stockton & Jorja
Today was a perfect day.

No comments: