Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Duck Eggs

Jorja was supposed to have a dentist appointment this morning. I called yesterday and told them she had mono at the beginning of the month and is still contagious. Given that they are working in her mouth around saliva they decided postponing her appointment until next month would be the best idea. I did take Maysen there though to get molds for her mouth. It wasn't too much fun. At least they will be ready for her when I take her to the dentist in a few weeks.

Mike was so excited to find that Quackletta had laid an egg this morning. Jorja had already gone to school, so Mike cooked it up for dinner and we each got to try a bit. It was really good. I liked it better than chicken eggs, that surprised me.
Mike
My cousin Jordyn posted about going to China over Thanksgiving. She went through Groupon. She went to Rome and Paris that way and has had awesome experiences each time. She mentioned that she was looking for her next trip over Thanksgiving. I sent her this flyer and told her to come to Israel with me. She is going to do it! She is also recruiting many of our family members. I'm so excited! This will be so much fun!
Jorja had to go to school early to take her AP World History test that she missed while she was sick. She had to stay after school to take her math test. She has been working so hard to catch up. I'm so proud of her. I remember getting upset with her because she didn't turn in some math assignments. She was saying she couldn't understand anything. Looking back it is obvious that the mono was the reason she was struggling. It's weird how it messed with her brain. Jorja took her math test after school while Chad, her teacher, teased her the entire time. He teased her about being sick, about having a boyfriend, about how he wants to pick her out a boyfriend.... He said he was going to pick out one boy from each class for Jorja to choose between. Brenton was there. Chad picked Brenton for her. Brenton shut that down. Chad found out they lived close to each other. He told Brenton that he needed to knock on Jorja's house one day and ask to play video games. Anyway, despite all the distractions, Jorja managed to score a 92% on that test. Yay! My Porge is coming back!

Jorja and I stayed up way too late together. I am not a night person and don't function well at night. Jorja loves to take videos of me. I can't figure out how to get both videos centered and I am giving up. Anyway, here are some random videos of me with my Porge.

No comments: