Sunday, December 9, 2018

Gingerbread Pageant

Church was fun today. I went with Preston early. He needed to be there to pass the sacrament and I wanted to hang up the three new missionary plaques that were finished. Mike and Jorja met us there. Mike left a few minutes before sacrament meeting ended and set up the gingerbread houses for me. Jorja went home right after sacrament meeting. She was so tired. We barely got her there for church, but at least she was able to take the sacrament. I waited until all the boys got to our regular room. This took awhile because Taggart and David had to put up the flag. Once everyone was there I told them we were going to do something different and to follow me. I brought them to the kitchen. They were so surprised. Nick kept saying, "Is this all for us?" Jack said, "I'll even put my phone away for this!" The boys loved it and had a great time. They were so respectful and kind. It was a perfect class. I team teach with Judy and she loved it too. I'm disappointed I didn't get a picture of Judy with her house. Drat.
Thomas & Beckett
 Thomas, Beckett, David, Taggart, Judy, Jack
 Thomas, Beckett, Nick, David, Taggart, Judy, 1/2 of Jack
 Thomas, Beckett, Nick, David, Taggart, Judy, Jack
 Thomas
 Beckett
 Taggart
 David
 Nick
 I loved Nick's log cabin house
 Jack
I helped Judy get to her car. She had to leave and go visit her dad. He's 96. Judy has been a widow for years. We talked about how strange it was that her dad outlived her husband by decades. Judy told me that she loves watching Mike and I together. She said she always admired our marriage, she could tell how strong it was from a distance, but now that she has had the opportunity to see us up close many times she is even more impressed. That was so nice. Mike is amazing. My deepest wish is that all my children stay strong in the gospel and marry someone as kind as their dad. I hope each of them gets to experience a relationship like we have. I can't imagine how much it would hurt to watch one of my kids struggle in a bad marriage. I also hope that the kids each marry someone the other kids like. I hope they will always love to be together. I hope they are always as close with each other as they are right now.

Okay, enough of that sappiness. After I helped Judy to the car, I went into Relief Society late. I sat in the back by myself. I laughed and laughed as I watched the Goines baby quietly playing. Sister Goines took out the middle man. Why spend money on toys when the dollar bills will work out just fine. Hahaha! Sister Goines saw me laughing and taking pictures. She just smiled and shrugged.
Tonight was Mike's family's nativity pageant. Mike made cookies. Jorja had slept enough that she was able to go. She even drove us in her car! On the freeway! That was the first time she has driven her car on the freeway. She was nervous, but did a great job. I had a great time tonight. We realized that there were about six sophomores in the group, and they each went to a different high school. I wish I was better at remembering names. There was Jorja, Weston and Miah, Angie's boy Talon, a boy named John and one other boy. I should have written them all down. Too bad these cousins don't know each other better. Granted, they are second cousins and only get together twice a year, still.

I talked to Matt's wife Melissa for a long time tonight. It was the first time I have really ever talked to her. She was sooooo nice. Now, for lots of random pictures. Preston didn't participate in the nativity this year, Jorja was a shepherd with Weston.
Jorja's arm and Weston
 Weston & Jorja
 Little boy shepherd, Weston and Jorja
 Jorja & Weston
 Sherry said she is the donkey every year, that is just how it goes.
 I think she is a tad big for the donkey costume.
 Jacob ~ Joseph, Erica ~ Mary
 John (?) ~ innkeeper, Jacob & Erica
 Jorja kept using her staff as a microphone and it was so funny.
 Jacob, Erica and another donkey
 The next two pictures are during the shepherd's part. The shyness has completely left the Porge.
 Shepherds ~ Little boy, Jorja, Weston
 Miah, Michael and another boy as wisemen
 Some of the cast
 Mike, his pilot cousin, Sherry
 The cousins
 The high schoolers ~ first and second cousins
 Jorja, Weston and Miah ~ LOVE these three
Jorja drove the way home too. I was worried she would be too tired, but she did great. Mike brought the ducks in for Jorja and then she spent the rest of the night doing her homework. She didn't want to go to bed until her chemistry was finished. Jorja is feeling better, but her brain isn't back to 100%. It's hard watching her struggle. She was working on 1/2 life and said, "The frustrating thing is I know this would be easy for me, I just can't get my brain to work." Kind of like she has a block right now. Hopefully that doesn't last too long. I wonder if it is from all the medication or from mono. Either way, I don't like it.
 Kiki and Jorja
She loves her ducks, so does Preston
Kiki kept nibbling on Jorja's braids. It was so funny!

No comments: