Monday, December 3, 2018

Jorja and the IV

I dropped Preston off at the bus stop, then went to Alta. I wanted to get the take home test for chemistry. Her chemistry teacher was really nice. She gave me a book for Jorja too. I went to talk to her math teacher next. I'm really worried about that one. Jorja has been struggling in math recently. I was talking to her teacher with Jorja called me. I put her on speaker. She sounded so loopy. She asked where I was. I told her I was talking to her math teacher. I can't remember what else she said, but Chad was surprised with how sick she was. She sounded horrible. Jorja's chemistry teacher suggested that I look into sick leave. I had already stopped by the office to give them the doctor's note. I stopped by again. I talked the the lady about it for awhile and we agreed that it doesn't make sense. It would be cool to have a teacher come and work with her, but Jorja wouldn't be allowed at school when she was feeling well. It would also take a week to set up, so she hopefully wouldn't even need it once she could get it. My next stop was Mr. Packer. I talked to him for awhile. He also approved the announcement for the state diving competition. Gavin won 1st and Jackson won 3rd. Gavin's dad texted me this morning and asked if Jorja could let the school know. I went up to seminary and talked to them before I called Jorja to see if there was anything else I needed to do. She wanted me to get popsicles, get her math book out of her locker and talk to her English teacher. I saw Darby in the hall on the way back from her locker and talked to him for a bit. Jorja was a big fan of the pink lemonade popsicles. Too bad there were only two in the box. I didn't look too closely, but one of the other flavors in circus peanut. GROSS! I did get her four boxes of different kinds of popsicles.

Jorja was pretty out of it most of the day. There was no chance she was getting any of her homework done. Stephanie Waddoups called me to check up on her. She had been asleep for a few hours. I told her she was worse, but sleeping. Jorja woke up a few minutes later. She was awful. So, so, so, so, so bad. I was crying. She was crying. I was praying and praying and praying that she would get some relief. It was so sad. Her friend Dessa stopped by and brought her donuts. She couldn't eat them, but was happy that Dessa came. Dessa's dad was waiting in the driveway, so she couldn't stay for long. On her way out I hugged Dessa to thank her. I started crying really hard. I was so scared. I can't imagine parents who have to watch their children suffer with terminal diseases. This hopefully will be over soon, but it has been horrible. Mike called Al Clark to come over and give her a blessing. I can't remember exactly, but I think she was blessed that she would be able to handle the pain. She was doing a lot better by the time Stephanie Waddoups came over at 8:30 to give Jorja an iv. Jorja was pretty dehydrated, it was hard for Stephanie to find a vein. It was amazing watching Jorja perk up while the fluid was going in her. It took two hours for the iv to be completed. Stephanie held the fluid bag the entire time. I think it really helped Jorja, I'm so thankful Stephanie was able to spend two hours with us to make Jorja feel a little better. Jorja did not want to get the iv in. She is terrified of needles. It took Stephanie a long time to convince Jorja to be brave. (Madison brought Jorja hot chocolate while Stephanie was here. She stopped by on the way home from work. Stephanie knows Madison pretty well. Both of the families have a down syndrome child the same age....Stockton's age. Johnny and Hannah are together quite a bit.)
Jorja & Stephanie Waddoups
 Jorja's smiling! She's taking her arm away from Stephanie, but she's smiling!
 She did it!!!
 Jorja was so proud
Mike slept in the guest room again while Jorja slept with me. Jorja kept sending weird rambling videos to Stockton. Sorry about that Stockton. I gave her medicine around midnight along with two sleeping pills. That worked great today. She slept soundly tonight, thank heavens! Let's hope this was the worst day and tomorrow she will start to feel better.

No comments: