Thursday, December 13, 2018

Microphone

Jorja wasn't feeling well this morning. I was pretty worried about her. The doctor said that she would start to feel better then get sick again for quite awhile. Her stomach was hurting her. At least it wasn't her throat. Well, Jorja ended up being just fine. She has math second period. Someone came in to talk to her teacher, so Chad asked Jorja to teach the class. She said he does that all the time because he thinks it's funny. Jorja even got to use his microphone. When he came back, Jorja sat down, but didn't give the microphone back. While Chad was teaching Jorja would softly whisper sing, "Chaaaaaddddd" in the microphone, and other random things. Then she got out her phone and turned "All I Want for Christmas is You" on full blast. She was singing along with it being completely obnoxious as Chad came to take the microphone away from her. Yep, I think she is getting better. Maysen would be so annoyed if Jorja was in her class.

Jorja stayed after school for the Smash Brothers tournament. She didn't get to play though. She got called into work at 4:00. She wasn't supposed to work until 5:30. I think today is the first time she stayed at school the complete day. She went straight from school to work and finished at 9:30. I was worried she would be extremely exhausted when she got home, but she seemed to handle today just fine. Thank heavens! She also came home with her secret Santa present that was given to her. A Symphony chocolate bar, strawberry lemonade and a bath bomb. She sent me a text to tell me what she was given. She said, "Chocolate lemonade and a bath bomb." Really Jorja? Commas are important.

I spent the day making gingerbread. Kanani came over and helped me. She has asked me several times to teach her, so I told her if she wanted to stop by I would show her. It was fun to have someone to talk to while I did this. She helped me with the molds and it went a lot faster. As she was leaving I gave her a mold I had ordered for her. She was so surprised. She cried and gave me a hug. Didn't expect that.

Becky, Stephanie and I went to Melissa Yauney's bridal shower today. She is marrying her high school sweetheart. I asked how old they were when they started dating. She was 16. That's Jorja's age! It was right before her senior year and she has an August birthday. I guess Mike and I were 15 when we met, but we didn't start dating until we were 17. Man, that seems like it was forever ago. I am so lucky.

No comments: