Thursday, December 6, 2018

New Friend

Jorja was soooooo much better today. She was 'mostly' herself again. It was amazing! I have missed her. Her throat was still sore and she was really tired, but compared to all the other days it was wonderful. Although last week if her throat felt like this she would have been miserable. I wonder if sore throats won't bother her again the rest of her life, now that she knows how awful it can be? Anyway, Jorja didn't feel well enough to go to school, but she was anxious to get outside. She slept until 11:00 today, so we didn't head out until around noon.
Can you tell Jorja was excited?
Jorja drove to Cactus and Tropicals, a flower shop near our home. (Jorja is so great with her stick shift now!) The only other time I had been here was at Melissa and Derek's wedding. Jorja loved the shop. She loves flowers and loves being around growing things. Too bad her mom does not have a green thumb. Jorja brought the plant Conner gave her to ask how to best take care of it. Jorja had been watering it too much and the plant hasn't gotten enough sunlight, which is why it has been growing tall. We don't really have any great natural light in our house, so she'll have to figure out what to do about that. Anyway, the lady suggested getting a friend for the plant. Jorja loved that idea. After the plant was all put together we realized we should have gotten two friends. We didn't realize there would be enough room. Oh well. Jorja's thinking about going back there in a few months and getting another one.
Jorja then drove to the mall. We had a $25 card that expired today. The lady that helped us was really nice. Jorja got a shirt and a cardigan with her card. She also wanted to exchange some pants she bought online. They didn't have the right size online, so we decided we would just check and see if they had her size in the store. South Towne didn't have one, but Fashion Place did. Jorja was pretty excited about that. She was also exhausted by this time, so I drove down to Fashion Place. We got the pants exchanged, no problem. Jorja really wanted to go out to eat at a Japanese place, but she was too tired by this time. We decided to go home and see if Preston wanted to go with us. He did not. He also didn't want me to hug him. He got M-A-D at me. It was sad. I just wanted to play with him. We ended up going out to dinner with Mike and Jorja. (When Mike walked in the door Preston ran up to him and gave him a giant hug while singing 'DAAAAD!!!!' The entire time he was hugging Mike he just looked at me and smiled. Whatever Preston, I know you love your dad. I'm glad you love your dad, but you can love me too.) Jorja was so happy by the time we left. We're thinking she will be able to go to some of school tomorrow. The sores in her throat were almost gone by tonight. I couldn't believe it! There were so many there just yesterday. The doctor's office had called me today to check in on her. I think this is the third time they have called me. They said if her throat wasn't better by Monday, they wanted us to come and get some steroids for it. I don't think we will need to be doing that! Yay!

Jorja had two friends come over tonight. Matt and Gavin. Not Stockton's Gavin, a different one. Jorja had fun showing them her car and ducks. I watched the Jazz game, which started off horribly, but ended up being great. I was goofing around with Jorja after her friends left. It was awesome to see her silly again. I can't remember what I was doing, but I was chasing her. That's right! She was moving! She had a drink of water, turned around and sprayed it in my face. I know she was being funny, but I was furious. It was just a mist, but I felt droplets go into my eye and mouth. She might have just given me mono. I hurried to the bathroom to scrub my face. I don't know if it will help or not. If I'm sick my last few weeks with Stockton I'm going to be so mad at her. Does she really want me as sick as she has been? I've been taking care of her non-stop for a week. I know she didn't mean it, but sometimes she doesn't think through her actions. I told her I wasn't going to let her go to school if she was going to do that to her friends. Hopefully she has learned her lesson and hopefully I won't get sick.

Around 11:30 at night someone knocked very loudly on our door. By the time Jorja answered it a car was driving away. There was a box of a dozen Krispy Kreme glazed donuts on our porch. We're guessing it was from Darby and maybe other people in student government. Darby works at Krispy Kreme now. Oh, Maysen and Stockton, if you didn't know, there is a new Krispy Kreme store by South Towne mall. Jorja had a hard time falling asleep tonight. I finally got her a sleeping pill at 1:30 in the morning. Too bad I was up bright and early at 4:00 in the morning. I hate not being able to sleep. Maybe I should have taken one of those sleeping pills myself.

No comments: