Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Duck Time Out

This morning Waddluigi charged the white ducks twice. He was swimming in the pool, then out of nowhere came quickly up the ramp and herded the white ducks in the corner. Quackletta then came and ate. Mike didn't know what to do. He didn't want the white ducks to spend the day behind the duck house. So, he kicked the mallards out of the duck area. Mike did not realize how much it would snow though.

I went to school for Jorja's CCR. It was snowing pretty hard and the car slid several times on the way to school. I don't have snow tires on this car, but it does have 4-wheel drive. I talked to Karity, Jaren's mom, for awhile after the meeting was over. She is so nice. I really like her a lot. I found Jorja and checked her out of school. She was pretty tired. We went to lunch at Zao and then went and found Tally a present for the secret Santa. Jorja picked out a camera Christmas ornament she found. It was really cute. I should have taken a picture. We went back to the school and Jorja and I slept in the school parking lot. Jorja woke me up to let me know she was going back inside. She made it for the end of her chemistry class. She needed to stay after for math again. Chad had fun teasing her about her 'special friend'. Every time Jorja tried to shut him down she made it worse. She was pretty embarrassed. Jorja had work today until 9:00. I hope her body heals quickly. She is getting worn out.

I came home after Jorja went back to class. I checked on the ducks. The poor mallards were just standing outside in shame.
Waddluigi and Quackletta
 I watched them walk around the backyard
 Kiki and Quacky Chan enjoyed the peace
 I felt bad for the mallards and thought they had stayed out long enough,
so I herded them back inside.
 They went straight for the freezing pond.
 I don't think these two ducks were very happy to see them.
I went inside and climbed into bed. I took a nap. I usually set an alarm for ten minutes, this time I didn't set one. I slept for an hour. Me. That is so out of character. I have been really tired lately. After I brought Jorja back from school I started working on the dairy free gingerbread houses. I wanted to finish those today. The first house went great, but the second house was burnt! I have never burnt a house before. I had no idea what I did wrong, until we noticed that the oven was set to 450 degrees instead of 350. I think Mike bumped the temperature thing while he was cooking dinner. I was so annoyed! Sam said not to worry about it. Of course it was a dairy free one, those aren't as easy to make.
Burnt house
 What it should have looked like
I went to a relief society activity. It was really fun. We had a delicious dinner and I got to sit next to Sara Henderson, Camee Clark, Ashley Jansen, and Megan Okerlund. I loved it. We watched a video Sister Covington put together about Emery. Joy narrated the video. It talked about Emery's life so far, her struggles, the surgery, the complications, the tree we made and the Festival of Trees. It was really cool. Karen Trost made 80 mermaids so we could each have one for our tree. We made these for Emery's tree and they took forever! I can not believe she made 80 of them!

Jorja is excited about the Smash Brothers tournament at school tomorrow. She signed up for it, but I don't think she has ever played the game. Also, the kid she signed up with she doesn't really know. I love how she just throws herself into things and how she makes friends easily. She is such a joy.
Jorja

No comments: