Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Bar T 5

Yesterday we realized that because I bought stain for the cabin we needed a different novel to use the air sprayer. Ugh. So, Mike and I drove to Idaho Falls today to buy one. We got back just in time for me to take Jorja and Ben to Jackson Hole. I wanted to go to Bar T 5 because my cousin's boy is working there for the summer. Nathan and Bobby's boy Tucker. Mike is too allergic to go. Maysen knew she wouldn't like the food. Preston had no interest. I didn't give Jorja and Ben a choice, but I think they would have gone anyway if I did. It was fun. We checked in and were assigned the front of wagon F. Our driver's name was Matt. He's from Utah and was super nice. He was a student body officer at Brighton High School a few years ago and was talking to Jorja about the fundraiser.
Ben and Jorja
Stephanie and Jorja
Ben and Jorja
We rode in the wagons about two miles to the dinner spot
Matt
The dinner was great. They had a show with four singers. Some played guitar and one played the violin. The violin player was amazing! She played The Devil Went Down to Georgia, but changed it to Jackson. We got to say hi to Tucker, which I was so glad about. It was a fun adventure.
Stephanie
Ben and Jorja
Jorja and Ben
Jorja and Ben recreating Ben's shirt
While we were gone Mike had fun on the sailboat. He sent me this picture and said, "Half way across the lake just on wind!" He likes his boat.
Mike loves cooking dinner on that little grill
Mike anchored the boat where he could see it from the cabin. Around 10:00 he looks outside and sees the light on the boat has moved. He panicked and bolted to go rescue the boat. Jorja wanted to go with him, but I wouldn't let her. It was raining. It also started lightning. I was scared. I went to our room and was praying for Mike. Soon Mike sent me a text that he made it to the boat. He loved the excitement of battling the waves in the lightning trying to get there. That is where he and I differ.

No comments: