Saturday, July 4, 2020

Jordan River

Mike and I went to Salt Lake early this morning to drop off the Pilot. They put a hitch on it that will hopefully tow the boat. Steve is skeptical. Mike and Steve decided to do a test run with the boat next week. That way Steve will be there to help Mike if he needs it. I'm not sure if Steve is going to tow the boat or Mike. I know he told Mike that if it feels like he is towing jet skis then he would probably be okay.

Jorja is watching Madison's dogs for a few days. They gave her their garage opener to get in the house. I went with Jorja this morning. We got in the garage, but the door to inside the house was locked. That was a bit stressful. Madison's brother is staying in their basement with his girlfriend and their baby. We had to go through the basement door, say an awkward hi and head upstairs. Jorja spent a lot of time with the dogs trying to make sure they ate. There are three of them. We took them on a short walk as well.

Around noon we headed up to Steve and Shannon's. We were in swimsuits covered in sunscreen. We drove to one of their friends house. The Jordan River is right in their backyard. Just like it is right in Steve and Shannon's backyard. Steve and Shannon had twelve tubes for us to float on. We put the tubes in and the plan was to get out at their house. It was fun, but pretty slow. Also thorny. Steve, Brandon, Jorja and Preston all had their tubes pop. Preston floated down with Mike. Jorja floated with her life vest. Weston and I got separated from the rest. It was fun to float with him. He told me stories about getting lost hiking last week. Search and rescue had to be called. Weston was able to make it down the mountain, but the helicopter had to go get four of them. One of them was in really bad shape, but is okay now. Weston and I finished first. It took about three hours, I think. We didn't get out in their backyard, but a little bit away and walked. We put up our tubes. I washed off my feet and changed into clothes. Then I decided to wear Jorja's shoes and go back to look for the others. I had left my phone in the house but knew Mike and Jorja had theirs. I was using Find My Friends to try and find them. Steve saw me looking for them and pointed out where they were. They were getting out right then. Jorja was glad to have her shoes. She had been wearing mine, but Maysen had them now. Mike asked how Maysen was doing. I told him I hadn't seen her. That was the first clue something was wrong. Turns out Maysen and Anna (Smith's cousin on Shannon's side of the family) had missed the pull out spot. They were together and both were unfamiliar with where to get out. Mike and Steve jumped in a truck to go look for them. Weston took off on his bike. Weston found them. They were at about 114th. When Maysen came back she said that they were trying to figure out if they should get out. Maysen told Anna, "My mom will be waiting for me. She wouldn't let me float past." So, that was a good mom moment there. I don't know why I assumed that she was with someone who would know when to get out. At least I hurried back there to look for them. 

After the exhausting and fun day on the river, we had a barbecue. Jacob had done all the grilling while Mike and Steve were looking for the girls. That was nice. We were supposed to bring brownies and completely forgot. Doing great today!
Jorja and Weston
Preston and Jorja
We have left Bear home alone two times. Both were to go to Steve and Shannon's house. This was by far the longest time. He was soooo happy to see everybody when we got home. Everyone got sunburned way bad except Jorja. Probably because she had a bad sunburn a few months ago. We decided to have a relaxing fourth. We didn't go anywhere for fireworks. We also didn't want Bear to be alone, because he gets scared when he hears them. Jorja wanted to go out with her friends. She headed out to meet Kate somewhere. They met up with other friends. Listened to Janelle's brother's band play a concert, saw fireworks at a lookout point and a few other stuff I can't remember. I know she met up with Allison and Hailey. I think she met with Ben and his friends too. Anyway, she had a great time and got home at midnight. I found these pictures on her phone. I am NOT a fan of the first picture though.
Jorja
Jorja & Kate
Allison, Hailey, Kate, Jorja
When Jorja got home she came and found me and said, "I forgot to put away Madison's dogs!" Her plan was to go after the concert, which was the first thing she did that night. So, she headed over there at midnight. There was one accident she had to clean up, but she was able to make sure they were all okay. Glad the door wasn't locked this time!

No comments: