Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Ben's Here

Bear woke me up pretty early this morning. I went outside and played fetch with him for a LONG time. I could see Mike's boat. He seemed to have a great night. While I was playing with Bear, two other dogs came. I was outside playing fetch with three dogs for over an hour. Finally I woke the kids up to save me. One dog's name was Lincoln and the other was Mud. Mud loved fetch. He stayed here all day. Jorja called the owners. They came in the evening to get Mud. Lincoln had gone home. She said that if someone plays fetch with Mud he will stay there forever. That seemed to be true. Even when we left he waited for us.
Mike and Jorja went this morning and rented a paddleboat. That was a perfect way to get to the boat that was anchored a bit from the shore.
Maysen and Preston
Jorja's friend Ben came up to the cabin. She invited him because she invites everyone. Usually no one takes her up on the offer. Ben texted her and said his mom said yes. That was when she asked me if he could come. We decided it would be okay. I like Ben and trust Ben. Plus, our entire basement was free. Well, Ben's dad drove Ben all the way up here! He stayed for about five minutes before turning around and going home. Wow. Turns out Ben's dad is a truck driver, but still! Also, Ben's plan was to drive himself. His mom didn't like that idea; especially since Ben has only driven on the freeway once! Hahaha! I don't blame her one bit!
Jorja & Ben
We spent a lot of time on the boat today. It was Bear's first time on the boat. He didn't seem to mind it. The kids loved having him there.
Preston
Ben and Jorja
Bear and Maysen
We left Ben and Jorja in Edward's Cove for a little while
There are these cool little floating islands around Palisades. I think three of them.
Ben and Jorja
Bear
Preston and Bear
We went back and got Jorja and Ben. We towed them on the paddleboard behind the boat back to the boat dock.
Jorja & Ben
Jorja trying to drink the water like a crazy person
Maysen, Bear and Preston enjoying the cabin of the boat
Mike accidentally broke the propeller when we went off full speed with the anchor down. Live and learn.

No comments: