Friday, September 2, 2016

Last Minute Plans

I got a text from my brother Mike this morning.  It said, "I have 2 tickets to the BYU game tomorrow if you want to make a quick last second trip to Phoenix.  I all be there with Skye, Larkin and Blake." Wow!  I wasn't planning on going, and we were planning on staying home to work on our table . . . but how could I pass this up?  Jorja had late start.  I dropped her off at school and headed to my dad's house. He didn't seem interested in driving 10 hours there and back.  I went downstairs to ask Matt and Sam.  They had a trip to St. George planned.  Matt tried to figure out a way to work it out, but he couldn't do it.  Look how cute these kids are though.
Jeff & Anne
I talked Mike into taking me.  He isn't a fan of football, so it took a bit of convincing.  Luckily he loves me and didn't want me to miss out. Stockton and Preston had diving today.  Preston was home early because of short day, so we went up with Stockton.  I dropped Stockton off and then Preston and I had dinner at Kneaders.  His dinner was a loaf of pumpkin bread.  He loves that stuff!  Preston had the best time at diving today!  Laurel worked with him.  She was so good!  They were working on his dives.  Laurel told him to pretend someone wants to bomb the building and Preston was holding the detonator between his toes.  If he unclenched his toes the bomb would go off.  The next time she told him he had three detonators.  His toes, his knees and his shins. After he came up Laurel his dive was this good.  She held apart her fingers.  It would have been this good (hands are now wider) if he would have stayed tight all the way into the water and not released once he hit the water. Anyways, Laurel was great with him and Preston loved diving today.
Laurel and Preston
During free time, Preston jumped off of the five meter today and he DOVE off of the three meter!  He wasn't scared one bit!
Preston on five
Preston jumping off of five
Preston diving off of three
Mike met us with the motorhome in the Burlington Coat Factory parking lot.  I sent Stockton and Preston home.  I explained to Stockton how to get home and watched him take off.  His first turn he swung a little wide and almost got in an accident!  I screamed, but luckily the other car was observant.  Stockton made it home safely, thank goodness!

Mike and I drove a couple of hours down the road.  We stopped at a gas station in Scipio.  This will be a fun adventure!

No comments: