Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Learning Back Dives

I am going to have to figure out a better system to get the kids where they need to be.  Jorja didn't start diving this month because she found out she has softball practice during the week.  Yesterday it dawned on me that we have no way to get her there.  I frantically texted my dad who was nice enough to drive her to and from softball practice today. I'll have to figure out a better long term plan. At least it only lasts this month.  For a little while I thought I would need to tell my dad not to worry about it, Jorja wasn't going to practice.  Jorja called me from school.  Her back was hurting her so bad she couldn't concentrate.  I brought her home and gave her a back massage and an advil.  We spent sometime looking on Amazon at different nail plates.  She picked one she wanted that came in a bundle.  I'm going to give her one when it comes and save the rest for her birthday.  She also picked out a holder for her plates.  I drove her back around lunchtime and she was feeling much better.  She felt fine after school and said she was feeling good enough to go to practice.  I hope she doesn't end up having a back like mine.

Stockton drove himself down to BYU.  I came down almost an hour later with Preston.  I was able to watch Stockton for awhile before he was finished.  Preston has always hated back dives.  He is scared of them.  His coach, Keyka (I asked and wrote it down!  Yay me!), made them really fun for him.  He loved doing them this way.  Too bad he can't keep the mat up with him forever!
Keyka & Preston
I ended up getting home just a few minutes after Stockton.  Stockton took a shower at BYU before he left.  I also got to drive in the carpool lane home and Preston's class isn't as long as Stockton.  It might make sense for me to take both of them, except I would have to check Preston out of school for that.  Hard to justify checking him out when he is just going to be sitting there watching for awhile.  That would solve my Jorja softball problem though . . .

No comments: