Sunday, September 18, 2016

Meetings, Meetings, Meetings

Mike and I had a meeting with Brother Tanner before church.  We were called as ward missionaries.  He said this is in addition to our other callings.  We will have one meeting a month and we need to be nice to the people on our street.  Then we went to the stake center with Stockton and had a meeting with a high councilor.  Stockton was called to be on the Stake Youth Council.  Mike left for the airport after sacrament meeting.  My dad took him because I didn't want to leave early.  The primary was practicing for their program next week.  I'm not going to be there so the primary president asked if I would hang out with the kids not participating.  It turned out just to be Preston and Burke Staker.  He is Preston's age.  I asked if they wanted to leave, but they did not.  So, we just sang along with everyone else.  I am so glad I'm not in charge.  The primary program is always so stressful.

Stockton had his first youth council meeting after church and did not like it at all.  He said he didn't know why they needed that many youth. I guess there were about 30.  Five from our ward.  The others are Johny, Jordan, Zoe, and Rachael.

Stockton, Jorja and I went to a fireside tonight.  Royal Skousen spoke. He is a professor at BYU and was talking about a critical text of the Book of Mormon.  I found the fireside fascinating.  Stockton and Jorja were bored out of their minds.  My dad would have loved it.  I wish I thought of mentioning it to him.  I didn't take notes, so I can't remember what was said.  I did text one thing to my dad.  Zenock is supposed to be Zenoch.  Oliver kept messing up.  Haha!

Mike made it to his dinner cruise.  He didn't think he would get in on time, but he got there with ten minutes to spare.  These are the pictures he sent me.
His room he is staying in is . . . interesting.  These are the pictures he sent me from there.
His first class isn't until 11:00, and he is now in Pacific Time.  I'm pretty sure he is going to love sleeping in!

No comments: