Thursday, September 8, 2016

Our 21st Anniversary

Today was such a great day!  Mike stayed home from work, or worked from home.  I'm not really sure.  It was nice to have him around.  We went to lunch at Outback.  Scoop and Cori had given us a gift card there a couple of years ago.  It was perfect to have a nice meal that cost us $2. Mike is building me a table for our anniversary.  He was hoping to have it done by now, but I made him take me to Arizona last weekend so that fouled up his plans.  He mentioned that he had another gift for me. Uh-oh.  I had to think of something for him quick!  Luckily I knew what I wanted to get him, I just didn't know if he would think it was dumb or not.  I ended up getting him a small 3D printer.  He loves it! Yay! Preston loves it too.  Mike and Preston printed out Dominion card holders.  This way we can play Dominion while we are driving in the motorhome!  That will be fun!
Mike got me a DVR player to use on the regular tv.  That will be nice.  It looks like we will be able to record conference this year after all.  He also got me a 3 month sling TV subscription so I can watch BYU football games.  That was the one thing that was going to be hard about giving up the satellite.

We had a busy afternoon.  I went to Back to School night for Preston. This is the last time I will have three separate back to school nights. Weird.  I was able to get home before Mike and Jorja had left for her softball game.  Jorja played catcher for two of the three innings.  She did fantastic!  She also got a really hard hit into right field.  Once when Jorja was up she walked, but on the fourth ball the girl tried to steal home.  She got out and that was three outs.  Too bad she didn't steal home when Jorja only had three balls!  Kind of felt like a strike out walking off the field.
Jorja the catcher
It's sad this day is over.  It was such a fun, relaxing, enjoyable day. What a great life I have!

No comments: