Saturday, September 10, 2016

Parry Family Swim Party

I tried to get all the Utah Parry family over for a swim party.  People are so busy right now, so not a lot could make it.  Larkin and her family came and Derek and his family came.  Bubs also came with his family and Matt and his family stopped by really quick during their busy day. It was so much fun!  Derek called me this morning and he sounded just like his dad.  It was crazy!  I don't have any pictures from the party. I guess I was too busy enjoying people I don't see often enough.  Derek has just started his new job in Salt Lake.  He works for a law firm.  Our bishop is the one training him.  Good thing Derek has liked him!

Jorja has been busy practicing nails.  Ange and her girls let Jorja practice on them.  Jorja was thrilled.  She is getting a lot better.  Pretty good considering a few weeks ago she had never really painted nails at all.  Millie loved her nails.  She kept saying, "They're pink!"
Ange and girls
 Jorja
Mike has finished 3D printing an entire set for Dominion cards.  He is sure loving his printer!  Yay!  I finally got a decent present for him! (One that he didn't pick out himself.)
Mike humored me and watched the BYU/Utah game with me.  We went to see my dad at half time.  It is his birthday.  We dropped Jorja off at Kate's house on the way.  Too bad for her because we got to eat my dad's delicious birthday cake.  Jorja loves Reese's.  We watched a little of the 3rd quarter with him before we headed back home.
We started watching when we saw two obnoxious targeting calls.  I can't believe they threw out two of BYUs best defensive players back to back.  That rule has got to change because no way did those plays deserve to have someone thrown out of the game and then the first half of the next game!  Because we saw my dad we were a little behind the actual live event.  I knew I was getting text messages, but I refused to look at it because I didn't want someone to spoil what was going to happen.  My brothers and I have been texting during the games.  Mike took the phone about fifteen minutes later and said he wanted to see if Jorja texted us.  Good thing he did because Justin and Lisa were at the cabin and couldn't get in.  For some reason the code wasn't working. Whoops!  After riding LOTAJA they had to wait fifteen minutes outside the cabin.  How annoying for them!  I guess I better let Mike check the phone when I do things like that.  Anyway, too bad BYU lost by one point.  Utah fans are going to be so annoying!  At least we have stake conference tomorrow.  That should make it not so bad.

Stockton took the ACT today.  Might as well get one done so he can see what it is like.  There were a lot more people there than Stockton anticipated.  Four rooms full.  He said that it was a lot easier than the practice ACTs.  That is a good sign.

No comments: