Sunday, January 1, 2017

2017

And so it begins.  2017.  Katlyn left early this morning.  Jorja was still asleep and had no idea she had left.  I was awake and saw her out the door. Katlyn has 9:00 church this year.  We have 1:00 church. I am teaching CTR 5 this year. I have three girls.  Alex and Andi (twins) and Natalie. Megan told me they wouldn't be at church, so I was planning on only teaching Natalie.  When I got to class, I realized I had two visitors.  Whoops. I hurried and made copies.  Sister Trost teaches CTR 6s.  Only one of her students showed up.  Drew.  We decided to combine classes.  It worked out great. Brother McHenry talked in sacrament meeting today about hope.  Eight years ago he was diagnosed with CRPS - complex regional pain syndrome.  He had a freak iceskating accident.  He was a heart surgeon and ended up breaking his right wrist.  Wind can't even blow on his hand without intense pain.  He talked about his life changing in an instant.  Going from someone so respected to someone who couldn't even tie his own shoes.  He has had several surgeries and even been put into a coma three different times I think.  I can't even imagine the struggle he and his family have been through.  We sure are a lucky family.  Knock on wood.

We had grilled cheese and tomato soup for dinner.  Mike loved serving everyone on the dinner train.  He had all of the sandwich halves in one car. He drove the train around and everyone would take a sandwich as it passed.  The tomato soup was more difficult.  They can't all be winners.

Mike, Preston and I played two games of Pandemic.  We lost both.  We are so close to curing the disease.  Hopefully we can do it before time runs out.  We have four more official games left.  Preston was so disappointed yesterday when the character he loves playing with ended up being the traitor.  We had to tear up his card and kick him out of the game. Preston just put a sharpie X over him because he couldn't stand ripping up that character.

We were up pretty late but ended the game with scripture study and a short family council.  We are going to try and do that every Sunday. Mostly talk about what is going to happen the week ahead.  That way there are no surprises.  Well, fewer surprises.  My kids do much better when they know that plan.

That is it.  First day of 2017 in the books.  I should have at least gotten a picture of my family to start the year.  Especially since we were all in our church clothes.  Fail.

No comments: