Saturday, January 21, 2017

Scary Roads and Iceskating

I woke up early to go to my exercise class. I set my alarm, but rarely am I still asleep when the alarm goes off. I was up really early today and headed to the gym much earlier than I was planning. That was a great idea, because there was a ton of snow outside! I drove in 4 wheel drive the entire way. I still slid turning from 114th to 13th. My gym class was hard. I am not in shape like I used to be. At least I finished, but it wasn't pretty. The jeep was buried in snow when I came out, I couldn't even see my footprints. I was hoping the roads would be okay on the way back. It was now around 8:30, surely the plows had been out. No such luck. I slid turning out of the gym onto 123rd. I slid on 13th. I slid on 106 and I slid the entire way up Pepperwood drive. I fishtailed back and forth. I screamed and screamed, "Help me!" It was so scary. Once I was back home I did not want to leave again. I'm annoyed at myself for not going to the dollar store yesterday. I want a few things for my primary class. Mainly cheep frames so I can give the girls Chelsea's picture. Anyways, once I arrived home I called Jorja a few times hoping to wake her up. She did not wake up. I had to run through deep snow in my exercise clothes to get to the front door. I was hoping Jorja would open the garage door for me.
Stockton's dive meet was cancelled. Stockton is in Idaho anyway. I thought it would be because of the snow, but it was another issue with the pool. I texted Stockton pictures. Even with these pictures it is hard to get an idea of how deep it actually was.
I kept hoping Jorja's ice skating activity would be canceled. I was not going to drive, but it worried me that she was out on the roads. She promised me over and over that she was not going to die. Still, I worried. Natalie's dad drove them. He had a car that looked like it could handle the weather. I told Jorja she should wear her boots to the rink. She didn't listen. I watched her run down the driveway in her Converse. The snow was to the middle of her shins. She slipped right before she got to the car. I laughed. Listen to your mom Porge. Jorja seemed to have fun. Here are a few pictures I managed to convince her to text me.
Jorja, Natalie, Kate, Hailey, Katlyn, Evan, Isaac, Shafer
 Kate, Katlyn, Jorja, Hailey, Natalie
 Shafer, Evan, Hailey, Jorja, Katlyn, Kate, Isaac
They asked this random guy to take their picture. I think it looks like Josh Elsmore, but my brothers disagree. It would have been hilarious if it was him. This is Mike's favorite thing to do, so I wanted to document that it was done to Jorja.
Random guy
I spent the day cleaning bathrooms and being lazy. It was wonderful. When Jorja came home we watched shows. I wanted to show her Veronica Mars, but apparently you have to pay for that on Amazon. We watched Stranger Things, then I showed her an episode of Sherlock. Then more Stranger Things. I could not keep my eyes open one second longer. Jorja kept putting her face inches from mine to make sure I was still awake. It was fun to have Jorja to myself.

No comments: