Friday, January 13, 2017

Good Morning from Parrydise

Well, Mike was at Parrydise this morning. We are with him now. These are a few pictures he sent me. So beautiful and peaceful.

There is a lot of snow here. It was up to Mike's thigh when he walked up the hill last night. He had to dig out the garage in order to get the 4-wheelers out.
Mike spent the day working up here. He loved it. He also changed the floor heater in the downstairs double bed room. He made it smaller. It works great. I bet it is a lot more efficient than the 40 year old long heater that used to be there. We want to put a door where the curtain is, so this is the first step. Mike couldn't put a door up because the heater was where the door needed to be. I'm glad he was able to figure it out. He moved the old heater to the downstairs bunkbed room. Hopefully the kids will be warm tonight.
I wanted to leave as soon as the kids came home from school. Jorja would be the last one coming home today. I had the car all packed and ready to go. I was doing dishes and started wondering why Stockton wasn't home. I went looking for my phone which was on silent. He texted me and said he was staying after to finish his CAD final. Whoops. I texted back and said I just saw his message and was leaving to get him. He answered, "Don't." When Stockton didn't hear from me he got the great idea to RUN to Indian Hills. He thought he could catch the bus with Jorja and get a ride home. There were two problems. Stockton didn't have enough time to make it to Indian Hills and he got lost. He ended up at Sprucewood Elementary. That is where I picked him up. At least he passed his CAD final and scored high enough to receive 100% on the test. This is a college class, so that is much appreciated.

We finally pulled out the door at 4:00. After we were on the road Mike texted and said it might be faster to go through Idaho Falls because the Wyoming roads were bumpy so you needed to slow down. I wish he had sent that text earlier. I usually go through Idaho Falls because I like it better. Mike likes Wyoming better so I thought I'd try his way. I wish I didn't. The roads were fine until about Cokeville. Then the roads were so bumpy and it was really foggy. We had to go super slow. We arrived at the cabin at 9:00, just a few minutes before Sherry.
Mike sent us pictures on the way. He replaced the orange rocking chair with my Grandma Millburn's rocking chair. Matt had it and ran out of room because he replaced the chair with children. Mike is taking the orange chair home and hopefully going to fix the bottom.
He sent this picture to Jorja asking if he should pick people up like this. Fancy.
All of Mike's brother and sisters are here now. It was so amazing! We were trying to remember the last time we were on a vacation all together. I know it hasn't happened since we moved back from Georgia six or so years ago. I don't have any pictures of people for some reason, but we played games and talked. Finally about at 1:30 this morning we headed off to bed. I have a feeling this weekend is going to go by way too fast.

1 comment:

Matt said...

The recliner on the 4 wheeler idea is awesome. Glad Grandpa and Grandma's chair could find a home.