Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Sending Maysen Home

I woke up this morning early for Stockton.  Shortly after I woke him up I received a text saying that schools would start two hours late because of the snow.  I hurried back downstairs and told him he could keep sleeping.  About 30 minutes later I got another text that said all schools would start two hours late except Alta.  Whoops.  Back downstairs.  This time you really need to get up and now you are behind schedule.

Maysen and I had planned on leaving for Logan first thing this morning.  We weren't able to leave until after 10:00 because Preston didn't leave until after 10.  Leaving that late made me nervous because I figured there would be no way to do all the things in Logan I wanted to do and get back through the pass before it was dark.  I decided to stay over a night with Maysen.  I knew Demetria wouldn't be back, so it sounded fun.  And it was.

The only problem with my plan was that when we arrived back to Maysen's apartment, her batteries were almost out on her smoke detector.  This made a loud chirping noise that would go off every 45 seconds.  We went and talked to the office lady and she filled out a maintenance report. They were supposed to come between 5-8:30, or something like that.  They didn't come.  All night long that smoke detector went off.  Every 45 seconds.  All night long.

Okay, starting now I'm going to try and single space after my sentences. This is going to be a tough one for me. When I was in typing in 8th grade it was very clear you always double spaced after your sentences. Blogger doesn't like that, so I have to fix my sentences all the time. I'm going to try and retrain myself. Whoops. Just double spaced there and had to fix it. Sam says Covenant doesn't like it either. If an author submits a story with double spaces after the sentences she needs to go back and fix it. Maybe this single spacing thing started to save more book printing money. I don't like it. I like the look of double space. I'll try my best though.

Anyways, back to Maysen. After we got situated a bit we went down to the office and asked for a temporary overnight pass. This morning they started construction on the place where I'm supposed to park. She sent me to the parking office and I was given a pass (for $5) to park across the street in the football stadium. After we finished that we headed up to campus. Luckily parking was free because so few people are here now. You win some, you lose some.

Maysen and I found all of her classes. All the buildings were opened so we were able to find the exact rooms as well. That was nice. We figured out the bus schedule and I'm pretty sure the red bus is going to become her best friend. She only rode that one once last year and immediately regretted it. We'll see how this year goes. After lots of walking, we made it back to the car and headed to the grocery store. I got Maysen all stocked up for a little while. It is always nicer to go with someone who has a car - (and someone who will pay!) Once we were back in Maysen's apartment and my car was parked across the street, neither of us had the desire to go outside again. We were planning on going out to dinner and a few other errands. We skipped that. At least we went to OHOP for breakfast this morning. That place fills you up! We spent the rest of the day talking and relaxing until I couldn't keep my eyes open. Too bad we couldn't find a fun movie to watch on TV. The closest we came was some random Sponge Bob episodes.

It was fun to spend today with Maysen. I'm glad she loves it up here. It will be nice to have a few days off before school starts on Monday. I will end this post of a picture Cassie texted me of Brett with Collin. I'm so jealous! I hope Brett lives next to me next. He finds out his new orders in February. I wish all my family lived next to me. All on the same street. That would be amazing.
Brett & Collin

No comments: