Monday, January 2, 2017

Disaster Averted

Maysen helped me update the look of my blog.  I have wanted the pictures to be bigger and the margins to be smaller.  It seems ridiculous to have two large white strips running down the entire thing.  I have been worried that by changing something it will ruin the previous eight years of my blog.  Hopefully that didn't happen, but now is as good as time as any for a little change.  I don't think Stockton liked it at all though.

Mike and Christen gave us an Amazon Dot for Christmas.  Maybe it is called an Echo?  Maybe both. I can't remember.  The voice is called Alexia. Anyway, Mike set it up yesterday.  I think Alexia is quickly becoming Preston's best friend.  He spent forever saying, "Alexia, tell me a joke." With a few "Alexia tell me a dog fact" and "Alexia tell me a random fact" sprinkled in.  I think he's in love.

Maysen, Stockton and I went to a movie.  We picked up Hailey and Katlyn and dropped them off at the mall on the way. We went and saw Sing. Maysen loved it.  Stockton liked it.  I thought it was long.  I didn't hate it though.  It was different than we all expected.  Different in a good way. We were glad it wasn't just an American Idol competition with animals.

Mike, Preston and I finished Pandemic.  We played two games this morning and one before bed.  We solved all the puzzles and ended with the 'Disaster Averted' status.  This was the second highest score.  We did not make 'Legendary Achievement'.  Anyway, we loved this game.  I'm not sure how to play it now that we finished all the objectives.  Maybe how we did at the beginning when we were just learning?  Almost seems too easy now.

Maysen and I signed her up for an Institute class.  She picked New Testament.  She picked it because this is Demetria's teacher from last semester.  Demetria and Maysen both had the same class.  Demetria loved her teacher.  Maysen did not. Maysen wanted to give Demetria's teacher a try.  This is the only other class that he teaches.  Maysen decided to take a night class once a week.  I think that will work out really well for her.

Maysen was also quite happy to find out that her college year will end the start of May.  We looked at different writing workshops she might want to attend when she moves home in the spring.  She has an exciting life ahead of her.

We played Smart Mouth before bed.  Stockton had been wanting to play that all break.  It was getting late, so we only got one round in.  Stockton won, of course, but at least I had a decent showing.  I'm usually horrible at those games.

No comments: