Friday, January 20, 2017

Cousin Lunch

I had my cousin lunch today. I was so excited about it. We usually meet at City Creek because Heather and Jordyn can meet us during their lunch break. Jorja has the day off of school, so I asked her if she would like to come with her friends. They love going to the mall, so I thought they would have fun hanging out at this gorgeous place. Jorja invited three friends. This morning it dawned on me that I only have the jeep! There are four seat belts in the jeep and we had potentially five people going. Whoops! I called my dad but he was taking Gayle to the doctors. I called Matt and Sam. They said I could borrow their car. That was so nice of them! After talking to Sam it dawned on me that we could just ride trax. That was my plan. I was worried I would be late, but I didn't know what else to do. Luckily for me, one of the girls couldn't go. I drove Jorja, Hailey and Katlyn up to Salt Lake. We got lunch at Chick-Fil-A. I sat by my cousins and they sat by themselves. Jorja did give Jordyn a clear jelly stamper we had got for her awhile back. I hope she has fun with it!

Meanwhile, at my table was Heather, Jordyn, Derek & Kendra and their two kids - Evelyn and Paisley. Lunch went by way too quickly, as it always does. It was wonderful to have this brief moment with my cousins. I walked Jordyn back to her building then hurried back to the food court. Kendra was still in the play area. I sat and talked with her while Evelyn and Paisley played. I think Paisley and Millie look exactly alike. It is crazy. I had brought my dot-to-dot book to do if I had extra time. I hate shopping so this sounded wonderful. Luckily I didn't need to resort to that and was able to spend time getting to know Kendra better. As we were leaving I ran into Jorja and her friends. Talk about timing! We went and picked up some frozen yogurt at Farr's before we headed home.
Funny I have a picture of yogurt, but nothing of people. Not my cousins, not Jorja or her friends. Oh well. Jorja and I spent the rest of the day watching movies. Well, tv shows. She wanted me to watch Stranger Things with her. Then she watched A Series of Unfortunate Events. I fell asleep while she was watching that. Since Mike was gone, she slept upstairs with me. It was really fun to have one-on-one time with her. Mike had the boys to himself for most of the day. Jeff's kids had school, so they got up there this evening. It sounds like they are having a great time so far. Days off are the best.

No comments: