Friday, January 6, 2017

Dropping Game

I hurried to the temple after the kids were out the door. Jorja was the last one to leave because she has late start on Fridays. I got there right as people were leaving the chapel, so I just snuck in line behind them. I saw Sister Bird working there. Sister Yauney was in the session. I asked her about math. Her older son, David, was in the same situation that Stockton is in now. She was going to ask him what math he took senior year, because she was pretty sure it wasn't Calculus 3. Turns out that David ended up getting his associates degree which gave him the New Century scholarship. He didn't need to take an additional math class. I think in order for Stockton to do that he would have needed to take classes last summer. Frusterating. I also saw Janelle Leatherwood. We talked for a bit. I don't think I have actually talked to her since her wedding. I don't know if I even talked to her then. I see her on social media though; plus Laura has had really good things to say about her. It was nice to connect with her for a bit.

I left the temple and went to Preston's class. Maysen had sent me a text asking me to call her. Actually this morning I sent her a text telling her good luck. She was planning on talking to the English department about a creative writing minor her psychology counselor told her about. Maysen texted back, "It is neg 13 degrees and I'm outside." Haha! That made me laugh! Anyways, I called Maysen when I got home. She had a disappointing meeting with the English department. They told her that there was not a creative writing minor. I guess that was too good to be true.

Preston came home and we hung out for the next several hours. We played games, tried to play games and ended up dropping things into each other's mouths. One of us would lay on the floor with our eyes closed opening and closing our mouth. The other one would try to drop something inside. Once success was reached the person on the floor would try and guess what was dropped. Mostly we did it with sixlets and would try to guess if it was a black or orange one. We were terrible at that game!

Katlyn came over and played with Jorja. Mike and I made ribs in our Instant Pot. Mike loved serving the ribs on the train. I fell asleep early and the kids put themselves to bed.

No comments: