Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Maybe?

I spent the day doing laundry, of course. That is how the day after the cabin always goes. I thought I would be able to get it all done. That did not happen. Preston came home from school and told me I needed to go to a Chinese meeting at his school. I had totally forgotten about it. They wanted to talk to us about the AAPPL results, which is basically the foreign language standardized test. The person in charge of the Chinese program for the district was there. When they opened up the floor for questions several parents started asking her about where the Chinese program will be for the high school. She told us they were having a board meeting right now to decide. (What?) It is being recommended that the Chinese program be at both high schools. Wow! This is news to me. I have heard several things from the schools and from other parents who have called the superintendent. I even talked to this lady back in December. I think I was one of the first, if not the first person to call. She was surprised and didn't have any answers when I talked to her. The plan keeps changing. Parents are upset. Especially to put your child in a program in first grade and have it taken away after investing eight years. Anyway, we will be so happy if the program is at both schools! Jorja is funny. I picked her up at Hailey's house after the meeting. I told her Chinese might be at Alta and they are deciding right now. Jorja threw up her arms in celebration and then turned to Hailey and said, "Let us pray." Hailey's mom had no idea Jorja might go to another high school. She didn't like that idea at all.

Matt and Sam came over for a bit tonight. Stockton and Jorja were at their YM/YW activities. Stockton had pizza and planning. Jorja had a get to know you activity with the new presidency member over the mia maids. (She seems awesome!) Jorja had to bring three things that represented herself. She brought the Chinese wall hanging Willy's family gave us, a catchers mitt and nail stamps. Stockton came home early and Anne was so surprised. She smiled so big and said to Sam, "Mom, look behind you!" Stockton and Preston played with Anne for a bit. Mike helped Matt to cut off the legs of his crib. Anne now has a bunk bed and they want to put the crib under the bunk. Hope it works out for them. I haven't seen the final result left.

I start my crazy hard exercise class tomorrow. I'm nervous. I'm more out of shape than I usually am. I missed the first two classes, so tomorrow might be harder. Yikes!

No comments: