Monday, April 23, 2018

Brett's Home

Today was a good day! Brett came home from UAE. He's been gone six long months. Rachel checked the kids out of school to meet him at the airport. The girls knew he would be coming home soon, but didn't know it would be today. Rachel told them they had to pick up a bag Brett had to send home early. How cute is this video! Doesn't Marie look like she is going to hop outside of her body? Isn't Eve awesome? Dad's home, but trains are cool! Yay! I'm so glad he's finally home. We will get to see him on Wednesday!
I would have been an overbearing sister-in-law and driven up to Boise to watch Brett walk off that plane if it weren't for one thing. Jorja's elections were today. I couldn't leave her today! The kids voted in advisory, which is after first period, then they found out after school who made it to finals. There are five positions for each class. The top two candidates are able to move on. I went to school and waited in the car for her. I waited for about 45 minutes. It's good to wait long, because if you don't win they send you out early. I didn't want her to have to wait for me if she didn't make it, so I just waited. I saw Stockton after. He ended up waiting to see Jorja's results. I saw him in the parking lot. He would NOT tell me anything! Anyway, Jorja made it! She will be running for President of the sophomore class against Brenton Valentine. Brenton is the current president. He is super popular, in our ward and one of Jorja's friends. Brenton told her that he wished they could be co-presidents. Jorja said, "No way! That is what I'm hoping for too!" It has happened before, so you never know. Jorja doesn't think she'll win against Brenton. The person who loses by the smallest margin gets to be senator. Hopefully if Jorja doesn't win she will still be able to serve in student government as a senator. We shall see. This will be a stressful week!

I took Jorja to Bahama Bucks after the results. She said that I took her there after she won public relations and she doesn't know if she will win president, so she wanted to go today. I picked up something for Stockton and Preston too. Forgot Gavin would be at our house until it was too late. Whoops. Stockton was waiting for us so Jorja could tell Preston and Gavin that she made it, then they headed off to diving. While they were gone Jorja and I met Mike at an all-you-can-eat sushi place. I could not eat a lot. That place was filling!

Jorja spent time tonight working on her skit. Tomorrow they go early for a 30 second one take skit. Talk about pressure. She has an idea about what she is going to do, but isn't sure about how all of it will flow together. She toyed with using a piano, a ping pong ball, or decks of cards. Hopefully she'll figure out what she wants to do by 7:45 tomorrow morning!

Jorja also got answered to her first dance tonight. She was practicing her skit, Stockton was timing her when the doorbell rang. I was a little quick getting to the door because I saw them hopping into a car. I don't remember exactly what I saw because I panicked when I realized what was happening and quickly shut the door. Unlike what I did when Mike asked me to our first dance. Homecoming. I was outside taking a walk when I saw his jeep drive by. It passed my house and I thought that was weird. Soon, I saw Mike sneak up to my porch, put something on it and run around the house to hide. I followed him around the house and surprised him. Haha. Probably shouldn't have done that, but it was pretty funny. I remember it was a basketball hoop that said, "I finally got the NERF to try and SCORE a date with you." His name was inside the nerf ball in the hoop. Although I obviously knew who it was already. Anyway, this is what Mackie dropped off.
I thoroughly enjoyed watching the Jazz destroy the Thunder in Game 4. The Thunder looked like they were falling apart. They were getting so mad. This Jazz team is awesome and so much fun to watch. I haven't enjoyed watching Jazz games this much since Stockton and Malone let them to the finals. I hope they keep this up!

No comments: