Sunday, April 22, 2018

Jorja's Card Trick

I talked with Sister Christensen at church today. We talked a little before sacrament meeting, our family usually sits in front of her. After the meeting I ran into her in the hall. She stopped and talked to me again. We ended up talking for quite awhile. Her husband died last year at the end of June. He was our stake patriarch and everyone adored him. I mentioned to Sister Christensen how I had lost my mom over twenty years ago. Sister Christensen's dad died when she was 14. We talked for awhile and we're both crying. Twice she took my chin in the palm of her hand and looked me in the eyes while she told me something. I can't even remember what she said, but it was such a motherly gesture I couldn't help but cry. Then she gave me a long hug before she went home. My eyes were super red when I got to class. I tried to wash my face, but it didn't go away. Oh well.

Mike talked Jorja into posting a campaign video on Instagram. This is what she posted.
Voting is tomorrow. The top two of each category get to be on the ballot for final elections. The kids vote in advisory, which is after first period. Jorja will find out if she made it after school. Tomorrow is going to be a long day.

No comments: