Friday, April 27, 2018

Three Good Things

Three very good things happened today. First, we called SLCC to talk about Stockton's missing credit. I had found the plan the counselor made with Stockton and realized where the mistake was. They had Stockton as missing one elective credit. His counselor had a note that he could borrow a credit from his art/diversity class to use for an elective credit if he got a C or better. That class was a four credit class, but he only needed three. They just didn't move the credit down. We talked to the people in the graduation office and explained our situation. They called back a few hours later and said that it was their mistake and everything is fixed now. Whew! That was stressful!

Jorja went to the temple this morning with Hallie. That is a good thing, but it wasn't one of the three I was thinking of. We haven't been on Friday morning before. We got there 20 minutes early and the place was packed! Yikes! Somehow Jorja and Hallie finished in record time. They were able to slip in front of a couple of big groups.
Jorja and Hallie
The second good thing is the election is over. Jorja W-O-N! She was stunned! This was the outcome she really wanted, but thought it wasn't possible. She put everything she had into this election. I am so happy for her! For the last few weeks she has been wearing a necklace Mike and I gave her for Easter. It is a little bird. The necklace came with a quote that said, "What if I fall? Oh, but my darling, what if you fly?"--Erin Hanson. Look at that. Jorja's flying. She told me that if she had known she would be sophomore president when she was in 6th grade she would have been so scared she would have cried. Jorja has sure changed a lot from 6th grade!
Jorja ~ sophomore president, Carter ~ junior historian
 Jorja calling her dad to let him know she won.
Jorja and I went home to tell the boys the good news. They were in the process of making a cake. We talked them into pausing the cake so we could go to Bahama Bucks for our after election tradition. I'm so proud of Jorja. I'm proud of her for being brave, for having the courage to follow promptings, for being willing to put herself in uncomfortable situations, and for being kind. She is going to have a fantastic year!

One really sweet thing I wanted to mention. Maysen told me last week that she would rather Jorja win her election than she get her efy job. Separately Jorja told me that she would rather Maysen get her efy job than win the election. I love that both would have given up something they really wanted to see the other succeed. I love my girls!

The third good thing today is . . . the Jazz won! They finished out the series against the Thunder. Yay! They have been so much fun to watch lately. I hope Rubio is healthy by the time the next series starts. I did tell the kids that I would rather have the Jazz lose and they win (and graduate). They thought that was very big of me. :)

No comments: