Tuesday, April 17, 2018

She's Running for President

Jorja had her election meeting this morning. She stayed up late finishing up her packet. She had to write essays and design a t-shirt. I woke up at 6:00 and went downstairs to find her still asleep. I asked her what time she wanted to wake up. Sleepily she said 5:30. She jumped out of bed real quick when I told her it was already 6:00. We were supposed to take Brenton to the meeting, but he slept in too. Jorja still didn't know what she was going to run for on the way to the meeting. Mike had posters of both president and public relations on the flash drive. She filled out the paperwork for both positions. She was 99% sure she was going to run for public relations. She decided to go for that and see if she felt good about it. She signed up to run for public relations and the rest of the meeting all she could think was, "You should change to president." So she did.

Let's back up a bit. I don't know if I wrote about this, but if I did I'm writing about it again. Jorja has been fasting and praying for awhile about what position she should run for. When we were at stake conference she wrote all the positions down and was going over them one by one. She said when she got to president, she knew that was what she was supposed to run for. She just felt it. She told me her first reaction was, "Oh no, oh no, oh no." She didn't tell me about that experience until a few days later. I was shocked. I had no idea she was even thinking about president. Jorja told me she would rather run for president and lose than run for public relations and win if that was what she was prompted to do. I prayed about this as well. I don't get answers or understand answers to prayers very easily. This time when I prayed about it I had a clear impression that yes, president is what she was told to run for. That being said, we have no idea if she will win. There could be a lot of reasons she felt prompted to run for president. For example, if she loses it will be easier to handle losing out on president than feeling like she was kicked out of her old position. Anyway, the next two weeks are going to be extremely stressful.

Jorja dropped off her flash drive to Hess in the morning. She wanted to get her campaign posters printed before the rush. Mike had measured her old campaign posters and gave Jorja the size. Jorja watched Hess type the dimensions into the computer. They did not come out the size we were hoping. They are HUGE! At least they are still in the limits allowed, but it will probably make them harder to carry.
Jorja's posters
 Jorja's posters compared to last year's posters.
Well, this caused a problem. Mike, Jorja and Madison hurried down to the store to see if they could get foam board the correct size. They got the last three. Here these goofballs are on the way to the store.
We got one poster all the way done tonight, and all of the shirts. Jorja wanted to bring the shirts to the three people who will be wearing them tomorrow. They don't start officially campaigning until 
Thursday. I didn't get a picture of the shirts, but they turned out really cute.

No comments: