Thursday, April 26, 2018

ONE Credit

Brett and his girls left this morning. They are hoping to make it to Mike's house in New Mexico before Mike's kids have to go to bed. Hopefully that works out for them. Stockton and I are going to Florida at the end of May. We are crossing our fingers that we will get to see Brett and his family then. We will be near Fort Lauderdale, not Orlando . . . still.
Stephanie and Brett
Jorja had her last day of campaigning today. Ahhh! What a scary thing she is doing. She said it was funny because she would walk with Brenton a lot. They each had their signs running for President. Everyone can tell they are good friends. I'm glad things haven't been awkward between them. Jorja said they have actually gotten closer running against each other. Someone came up to Jorja and asked why she would be a better president than Brenton. She didn't know how to answer that. They asked her to tell them something bad about Brenton. She wouldn't do it. She said she liked Brenton. They said they wouldn't vote for her if she wouldn't say anything bad about Brenton. That was weird. Anyway, Jorja is really nervous today. I took her to Hobby Lobby and the mall to make the day go by faster for her. Mike helped her do a cute video for Instagram. I'm not sure how to put that on here. Jorja has a good shot at winning this election. I think she is matched pretty evenly with Brenton. I have talked to her about not having her confidence take a hit if she loses. She knows there is no one thinking, "Why is that girl running?" Brenton will be hard to beat. He is super popular and really nice. I know Jorja will have no regrets looking back on her campaign. She did a great job. Now we wait.

I had a Chinese meeting and then a missionary meeting tonight. Jorja also had to practice for a stake fireside coming up. I brought her home when she was finished, even though I had to skip out on a little of my missionary meeting. There was a car we didn't recognize in the driveway. It was Papa's! That was a surprise. He waited until Mike got home from the missionary meeting and stayed and chatted for awhile. That was nice.

I have been nervous that we haven't gotten any information about SLCC's graduation. Stockton called on Tuesday and they said everything was all set. I finally texted Josh's mom and asked her what information she received. Stockton checked his bruin email and saw a message that was delivered yesterday, after he called and was told everything was good. The message said he was ONE credit short. WHAT!!! We are sick to our stomachs. There is nothing we can do until morning. I have been paranoid that some little thing will ruin this for Stockton. We sat with an advisor a couple of times to make Stockton's plan. He did everything he was asked. I'm just sick with worry right now.

No comments: