Saturday, April 14, 2018

Prom . . . Kind of

I woke up early and drove Stockton down to Salt Lake for breakfast at Kneaders with some of his diving friends. I decided to take him because he has never driven downtown before. I wanted to show him different things in real time instead of just trying to explain them. I brought a book and waited for him in the car. I parked in the City Creek parking garage. It was fine except I was wishing I had a blanket. My toes got pretty cold.

Today was Prom. Stockton did not go. His friends convinced him to come on the day date with him. So, Stockton went on the day date by himself with two other couples. Josh and Britton, Ashton and another girl. They went to IHOP so double breakfasts for Stockton. I can't remember what else they did, but I know they went to Nicklecade. Anyway, he seemed to have fun.

Jorja has loved going to the EFY Expresses. This is the last one they are having before summer. It was a ways away, but Jorja really wanted to go. I ended up taking Jorja and Madison and dropping them off. The express is $25 in advance and $35 at the door. I didn't get Jorja registered in time, so I needed to pay at the door. There was a sign that said cash or check only. I gave my last cash to Stockton this morning. The express was going to start in 5 minutes. I decided to leave Jorja and Madison there while I hurried to a store to get cash. When I got to the car it dawned on me that my sewing bag was in the car. I put it there as an afterthought. I had stuck my checkbook in that bag when I took Preston to diving. I had to pay diving by check this month because men credit card had expired on our automatic payment. So, by a weird series of events, I actually had a check book in the car. I ran back inside and the girls made it before the event started. Brad Wilcox was the speaker. Jorja said he did a great job. They met some boys and had a great time. Drew was even there. He made the dance fun. He is always a good time.
Jorja, Brad Wilcox, Madison
 Boy, Jorja, Madison, Boy, Boy
 Jorja and Madison
I dropped the girls off and then drove to Logan and spent the day with Maysen. That is why I put my sewing bag in the car. In case she needed to study I would have something to do. We ended up being busy the entire time. I helped her with some laundry, we went grocery shopping, we ate at Noodles and Company and then we went to Cold Stone. We did this while we were running back to her apartment to move the laundry to the dryer and then back to her apartment. Anyway, we kept ourselves busy until I realized I was going to be late picking up Jorja and Madison. I had a great time with Maysen. It was fun to spend a few hours with her.

As I was bringing Jorja and Madison home I got a text from Stockton. I didn't look at it because I was driving, so he called. Jorja talked to him. He wanted Jorja to come over to Gavin's house to hang out with his diving friends. They were in the process of making waffles. This is the picture Stockton said. Gavin had to take one for the team and wear a girly apron. I don't even recognize Gage anymore.
Gavin and Gage
Jorja texted Stockton to see if Madison could come too. Madison is Gavin's ex-girlfriend. He hasn't talked to her since she broke up with him. Gavin wouldn't let Madison come. Madison looked so sad. I dropped Jorja off and took Madison home. Jorja wouldn't have gone if it hadn't been Stockton who invited her. I told Madison that I was really sorry that she couldn't go, but Gavin is just giving her more and more proof that she made the right decision breaking up with him. Stockton and Jorja came back later than I liked. Stockton was having fun, but Jorja was really tired. It's weird because Stockton hasn't been social before, so I haven't even had to give him a curfew, but now I need to make sure he knows what time he needs to be back before he leaves the house. I was not too happy with him when he came home. Plus, I was really tired.

No comments: