Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Called to Serve

Ahhhh!!!! Stockton texted me this today. He has his mission call! He is planning on not opening it until Saturday and he can be with us. Talk about willpower! I'm so excited for him. He was planning on coming home this weekend to open it. Maysen made a joke that he should open it at the cabin. Now he is trying to figure out if he could make that work. Like he wrote on his blog, "The cabin is probably the most special place in the world to me, and this is probably going to be the most special experience I'll have at this point in my life. How amazing would it be to be able to put the two together? It's a total once-in-a-lifetime thing." That makes me happy that he thinks so highly of the cabin. I have always loved it there too. I figure this is Stockton's deal. We will be there wherever he wants to open it. I'm so excited, proud, terrified and a little sad. So many conflicting emotions right now. This is going to be an exciting weekend for our family!
Kelsee also got her call today. She opened it up at 8:30. Megan Bradley printed it out for her. I used my excellent photo shop skills and blacked out Kelsee's address. Pretty proud of myself. Kelsee was so nervous she started crying right away. She had to try over and over to read her call. Stockton was watching on Instagram live, but couldn't understand where she was going. She barely choked out Indiana, Indianapolis. That's Brett's mission! And my cousin Paul's too I think.
People at Kelsee's house were super excited to hear Stockton has his call. They couldn't believe he was waiting until Saturday. Stockton told me a bit before he got his call that he will have four months or so to know where he is going, he wants to enjoy not knowing for a bit longer. Thinking about it that way has made it easier for me to wait too.

No comments: