Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Only for a Second

I came back from my exercise class to find Mike in a drained duck pond. Those poor ducks were so confused. Once the kids were off to school I helped Mike. The pond lining is so dang heavy! Mike wasn't thrilled with how it turned out. It was too wrinkly for him in the end, but seriously it was so hard to move.
Mike
I picked Jorja up at school and dropped her at Chick-Fil-A. Mike came home in time to pick her up. I went to diving with Preston. I was so surprised when I saw his inward! He was nervous the first two times and ended up just jumping in the pool backwards. I wish I would have got his first one on video, it was so so so good! Here is his second one.
On the way home from diving I got a speeding ticket. When the cop pulled me over I thought, "Thank goodness I wasn't speeding. I wonder why he pulled me over." I was shocked when he said I was speeding. He pulled me over on Wasatch Blvd right after 9400 S. The speed limit changes from 50 mph to 35 mph without any warning. Then you go downhill. I'm usually super careful about this bit. I couldn't believe it. Then the police guy says, "If it makes you feel any better, you were only speeding for a second." Actually no, this did not make me feel any better. I was so sad because I have been trying to save up money for something. I finished reviewing a book today and was excited to have $100 to put towards what I'm saving up for. Now, just like that it is all wiped out. How do people get warnings anyway? I have never gotten a warning.

Jorja was gone when I got home. She went to Night of Shakespeare or something like that. Once that was over she stayed late and helped get things set up for the pep rally tomorrow.
I was sad when I went to bed. Just discouraged. I forgot to put my phone on silent and was woken up by a text. This day just keeps getting worse and worse. Let me back up..... I lost my jewelry. The ones I took on the cruise. The gold nugget bracelet I loved and the ruby and diamond jewelry from my Grandma Millburn. I also lost the necklace Mike gave me for our tenth anniversary. I can't find it anywhere. I'm worried I left it in our stateroom on the cruise. I remember packing up our stuff the night before. I don't think I put it out there because I was too worried it would get lost. I put my jewelry in two different places because we were having problems with our safe. I just don't remember if I put it in our bag when we left that morning. It's frustrating because I have no memory of what I did with it last. My memory used to be so good. I feel it closing in on myself and I get scared and frustrated. I am devastated to lose the only nice jewelry I have. Wait, I take that back. Thank goodness I was wearing my wedding rings. I must have had the jewelry box that morning because I had my rings on. I don't like to sleep with my rings. I would have only put them in the box. So, where did I put the box? I contacted the cruise line as soon as I realized they were missing and was hopeful they would turn up. The text that woke me up said they have not been able to locate my items. I'm now hoping that my box fell in some random place and I will come across it eventually. That has to be what happened because the thought of losing my Grandma's jewelry just makes me sick to my stomach. Not a good day.

No comments: