Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Thumbs Up

I found these pictures of Aysha on Jorja's phone. The first one is from when they weren't somewhere on Saturday. I think Noodles and Company. The second one is from when they went to Kneaders for breakfast today. I think it is funny how Aysha is going the same pose in both pictures.
Aysha
Today was crazy busy once again. Jorja texted me after school and said she was going to stay and watch the soccer game. She has to be at the school at 6:30 to be taught how to teach the homecoming royalty what they need to do for the halftime royalty presentation. She even switched her work schedule to go to this. She said she was just going to stay at Alta until that was over. Preston and I hurried down to Indian Hills for his parent teacher conference. We went and talked to all of his teachers except pe. I asked his math teacher if he was doing okay in the regular class and if he was still on track to do the accelerated summer math program. She said yes, most of the time he does his own thing, but that doesn't bother her at all. I guess he doesn't really listen to her teaching, he just does the work because he already understands it. I told her how we tried to switch him to get into Honors, but he has Chinese 2nd period and if he switched to 7th period he would have to change his entire schedule. She looked at me funny and said that she had honors math 5th period. W-H-A-T. The counselor told me the wrong teacher's honor schedule. I could not believe it. He would have been able to change into honors, he would just have had to switch math and English. At this point Preston does not want to switch at all. So annoying that they gave me the wrong information multiple times.

I hurried and dropped Preston off at his piano lesson, then went back to Alta to get the rest of Jorja's teachers. Right as I found a parking spot in the crazy crowded lot I got a text from Jorja. She wanted me to pick her up from Chick-Fil-A in thirty minutes. WHAT??? She was supposed to be at Alta. She left the soccer game and went to Chick-Fil-A. After they were there Aysha found out she was supposed to be at work, Jorja told her to just go straight there and she would find a ride. I was so mad at Jorja for multiple reasons. First, Mike and I spent forever trying to figure out how to do everything we needed to do. Driving to Chick-Fil-A was not on our agenda. Second, I have asked her multiple times to let me know if she goes somewhere I don't know. I hated it when she left Lagoon to go to Krispy Kreme and I hated it today when she left the soccer game. She does this all of the time. I texted Jorja and told her she would have to wait for me to finish and I would come when I can. I guess Jorja was able to convince one of her friends who was on a break to take her to Alta. I'm glad she figured it out, but she really needs to stop doing this.

Anyway, I got the rest of Jorja's teachers except for Theater who wasn't there. Jorja seems to be doing really well, especially in Science. Jorja would make the best pediatrician. I wish she would give that profession serious consideration. Mr. Leininger stopped me while I was talking to the new shop teacher. (He had stopped me because I was wearing a Utah State shirt.) Mr. Leininger told this teacher that Stockton was hands down the most brilliant student he had ever worked with. Man, I sure wish Stockton could have had him in physics!

No comments: