Saturday, September 29, 2018

Fishing, Tea and Drama with the Porge

Mike and Preston spent the day at Bridger Lake. The campground is officially closed, but they allow people to park anyway. Basically they got to enjoy the lake with only a few other people showing up here and there. They didn't have to pay. They got to park the motorhome right next to the lake in the best spot. The only thing I think was the dumpsters were turned upside down and the dump stations were closed. These two were pretty pleased with how everything turned out.
Preston
 Preston ~ he loves, loves, loves to play games. The more complicated the better.
Jorja had plans to hang out with a kid from work named Collin. She promised me over and over it wasn't a date. They were going to hang out with Collin's friends. I had a date with Anne. I got to go to a tea party at her preschool. It was for grandmothers, so Anne asked if I could come with her. As I was leaving my street this is what I saw. Never seen a hot air balloon there before.
I stopped by Sam's house to pick up their car. That way we didn't have to transfer car seats. I also picked up rolls Sam made for Anne. The preschool called her this morning to tell her they were going to have rolls that had dairy and asked if she could make some for Anne. Sam had to whip up the rolls before I came. It worked though, the tea party went off without a hitch.
Anne
Jorja saw a movie that she said was the worst movie she has ever seen. I think it was called Night School. After awhile Jorja and Collin came over to get some knives so they could carve pumpkins, then Jorja went to Alta super early for the football game. She had to set up flags or something like that, then she wanted to stay so she could have a good seat. Collin ended up showing up for the game. He doesn't go to Alta or Timpview. He came to be with Jorja. I am trying not to be annoyed by that. Jorja says she was joking when she asked him to come. They spent almost all of the day together and I don't like that one bit.
Collin & Jorja
I was tempted to go to the football game, just because I like to watch football and I was home by myself. Jorja doesn't like it when I show up to things though. I decided to stay home and work on Grace's Christmas stocking. The game ended up in a blowout, not in our favor. I think Alta was supposed to win. At the start of the 4th quarter it was something like Timpview 41 Alta 0. Alta ended up with 21 points. I bet Timpview put their second string in. Anyways, I was following along with the game. Jorja didn't come home for a long time. I knew when the game ended, because I kept updating the score. She usually goes somewhere with student government afterwords, so this wasn't unusual. I checked the Life 360 app and was surprised to see she was at the church parking lot by our house. What??? I was pretty sure she was just talking to one of her friends. Still, I was a little bothered by that. I was interested to see if she would tell me where she was. This was our texting conversation.

11:07 Me: When will you be home?
11:11 Jorja: Not later than midnight :)
11:12 Me: Where are you? Who are you with?
(Realize that I know exactly where she is when I asked the question.)
11:18 Jorja: Apollo burger with student gov

WHAT!!!!!!! Did you catch that? Jorja flat out LIED to me. LIED! The only time I have ever yelled at Jorja was when she lied to me about the Pepperwood party, and here she is doing it again. I could not believe it.

11:21 Me: You're there now? Where is Apollo burger?
11:21 Jorja: Idk but I'll be back before 12

Nice sidestepping of the question. Jorja did come in before 12. I had her come and sit on my bed and tell me all about her day. She went through the day in detail, although she did say that she ended up not going to Apollo burger because she ran out of time. She still omitted the fact that she was at the church parking lot for an HOUR! I was trying so hard not to be mad, but inside I was steaming. I was silently pleading for her to tell me the truth, but she never did. Finally I called her out on it. She was there with Collin. They were just 'talking' about all of Jorja's boy drama, which I'm not even going to get into now because it is ridiculous. I was so hurt. How could she lie to me when she knows I can't handle being lied to? The obnoxious thing is Jorja has done things that she should have gotten in major trouble for, but I have never once punished her when she brings things up herself. I only punish her when I catch her in a lie. I feel sick even just thinking about this night, so I'm going to stop this entry right here.

No comments: