Thursday, October 1, 2020

$70.78

I had a stressful trip to JoAnns fabrics. I wanted to get a foam pad. Mike had given me the dimensions. We are hoping to have a mini bed under the beds in the double room. I found the foam. It looked like it would be $65 for a 4 inch pad. I had a 50% off coupon, so I thought that wouldn't be too bad. I waited in a long line and was told I needed a slip at the cutting counter. I thought that was weird because it was clearly marked how much it was and I was buying the entire thing. While I was waiting at the cutting counter it occurred to me that they would cut it for me. Genius, I know. I asked them to cut it the dimensions Mike had told me. They had this giant electric knife they used. I was happy because it brought the price down to $31. With my coupon it would be just more than $15. Perfect. Too bad they wouldn't take my 50% off coupon. They said it was on sale, which was weird because I didn't see anything mentioning that. Right as I was about to pay I noticed that they charged me for a 5 inch foam pad. I started getting nervous because Mike had told me 5 inches would be too big. I told the lady that I got this from the 4 inch bin, 5 inches would not work. I asked if she had a ruler. She looked annoyed at me. She wanted me to just buy it. She did not have one. So, she told me to go back to the cutting counter. Luckily I had gotten the 4 inch pad. The girl made me a new slip and I hurried back. The same lady helped me. She said, "Woah, that went up a lot." What? The price was now $70.78!" W-H-A-T??? Well, turns out the price was $65 a yard and I had gotten a yard and a half. The first time the girl had messed up not only on the 5 inch, but she wrote down that I had gotten a half a yard. So, the one time I'm brave enough to speak up about something I notice is wrong I get myself charged $40 extra dollars. Grrrr. I know if I would have realized she made a mistake I would have pointed it out, but it was annoying how it all played out. Especially since I felt the cashier thought I deserved paying more for daring to question the price.

Jorja made calzones for family dinner before hurrying off with Giselle and a few other friends to get their nails done. Jorja is wearing a white dress with light blue and gold flowers. She is going to have her nails, shoes and lips red. Pretty sure her corsage will be red too. I think she went with Giselle, Grace and Sammi. While they were getting their nails done, Kenzi came in and shot Giselle and Sammi with a water gun to kill them in the assassin game. Hahaha. At least it was a funny way to go out.
Jorja
Jorja and Giselle got milkshakes at Dutch Bros after
Then they worked on posters to answer their dates to Homecoming. Considering the dance is in two days, I'm glad they are on top of things. Jorja did an Among Us answer. This is the game she plays with her friends all the time now.
Jorja
Riley & Jorja
Meanwhile, back in normal land... Mike took Maysen and Preston up to the cabin. The Internet is awesome up there now. He got the Roku hooked to the TV. We can watch Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney Plus, Sling and the most important... BYUTV! We will be able to WATCH General Conference from the cabin! Last time we tried to do conference at the cabin, we could only listen to it, and it wasn't a super clear signal. So excited for this!

Also, in sad news.... the foam pad is too big for what we had planed. After all that, it's not going to work. We will find another use for it. I'm just glad I didn't get two of them!

No comments: