Saturday, October 24, 2020

No Lagoon for Me

Brett and Rachel took their kids to Lagoon today. My dad went with them. I REALLY wanted to go, but Jorja is having friends over as kind of a birthday thing, so I stayed home. I can not believe Jorja will be 18. Who knows if I will be able to celebrate another birthday with her in person, so I am not giving up this one. No matter how much I want to see my brother. Rachel texted me this picture. They actually ran into my Aunt Jackie from Idaho there! How cool is that! Markell was there with her kids. Scott and Traci were there with theirs. I'm glad Brett got to see them! Also, Rachel texted me and asked if my dad had called me. Max has corona. Dang it! We are supposed to have dinner at my dad's house tomorrow. That was going to be the only time I could see Brett this trip. I haven't seen Brett and his kids in over a year. The last time I saw Rachel was Israel. They were going to come here this summer, but corona changed their plans, now corona is ruining everything again. I'm so sad! We also found out that Brett is getting deployed again. This time to Qatar. He leaves sometime next year, but his boss called them while they were driving to Utah. He decided that news couldn't wait until he was back from vacation. He also called them on Rachel's birthday. Happy birthday Rachel! You lose your husband for another six months!

Dad, Jackie, Brett

Jorja and Jake went shopping to get a gift basket ready for Kate. A few of the sbos are going to be able to meet Kate on Wednesday, so Jorja put together this basket for her. She got a stuffed animal for Kate's twin too. Jorja is the best!
I went to Ashley Scott's bridal shower. I can not believe my beehives are getting married! Paige was married last year, and now Ashley. Crazy that if corona hadn't happened she would still be in Portugal on her mission!

Jorja had some friends over for her birthday. Not really a party, just a hangout really. A few of them brought pumpkins and they carved them. Most of them came later. Jorja had hotdogs and a fire place going. Mike set up the blow up movie screen and they watched a movie on the grass. I can't remember which movie they ended up watching. Jorja had a good time though.

No comments: