Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Back to School

Jorja was able to go back to in-person school today with the rest of the last half of the alphabet. She was so happy to be back. I checked her out during third period. She had a district meeting she was asked by the principal to attend. Four students from Alta were invited. The other three are at the top of the alphabet, so I wasn't sure if her excusal would slip through the cracks. It did, so I'm glad I called. They had lunch for the kids there, but she said the meeting was pretty boring. Jorja also stayed after school and talked with Packer and then Riley. I met her at the phone repair store. Her phone has a dead spot on it which is so annoying. It is right were the send button is for texting and makes it so she can't send texts. This has been the hardest with Make-a-Wish. They were able to fix the phone for almost $300. *gasp* I guess it is better than buying an entire new phone. They also fixed the speaker. Since her phone broke back in July she has only been able to talk on speaker phone. Now she can use the phone like a phone. Hopefully this fix will last for a long time. Anyway, I waited for Jorja at the phone repair shop in my car. She knocked on my window and I got out. She hugged me and said, "Riley asked me to be his girlfriend!" So, guess that is official now. Still... I'm not a big fan of Riley. Really, I'm not a big fan of Jorja having a boyfriend, so I don't know how much that has to do with Riley or just that he is a boy. Jorja and I have a lot harder time getting along when she likes a boy, so I'm not looking forward to this.

Jorja & Riley

I took Jorja shopping to buy a few things for drama. They are having their Shakespeare performance tonight. Each year student government is assigned to a group they are asked to support. Last year Jorja had choir. This year she has theater. I think it is her, Ethan and Alex assigned to this group. Anyway, Jorja and I bought a poster, some candy and a caldron to put it in, some lotion and flowers that were peppers. They were beautiful. Turns out the theater teacher loved the pepper flowers. That is good!
Jorja went to the performance with a few friends. Then they went to Leatherbys after. Jorja was very happy with how everything went today.
Giselle, Ella, Jorja, Jake, Alex, Ethan
Jake, Giselle, Jorja, Alex

No comments: